Spektrum Firma 130A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michicrm

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Hi all, I bought a Firma Spektrum 130a and installed it in my vorteks. I ran a couple of batteries and when I charges my lipos again it said that the cell voltage was barely 3V. I read everywhere that going below 3.2V will kill the batteries. When I looked into the programming of the esc I increased the cut off voltage. it was actually set on 3V. I increased it to 3.4V so no help needed there but why would the guys at horizon hobby set 3V as stock setting? Any ideas? Or is it not so bad to have it at 3V?

Something to consider is that lipos suffer voltage dip during charging or discharging. Ideally, i think the ESC is designed for use with batteries that suffer from voltage dip during driving. Thus, when the ESC would shut off at 3.0v per cell, the lipos should typically bounce back from their "dipped" state pretty quickly (to say 3.2 or 3.4v per cell, etc). Otherwise, they'd shut off at 3.4v per cell, and then maybe bounc back to 3.6v per cell (which would be just fine IMO). However, when you have quality lipos, sometimes they don't dip as much under voltage.

If so, it's entirely possible that first stage LVC kicked in at 3.0v per cell for you, but the even little bit you drove after that (few seconds even) was enough to drain the lipos below 3.0v, such that they bounced from something like 2.8v per cell to 3.0v per cell.

Solution: Set to 3.4v per cell. The voltage is more volatile on the lower end of lipos anyway, so you really don't squeeze out that many mah's from the lipo below 3.4v anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back