Spektrum Firma 150 - Do Hobbywing program cards still work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilted

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
Just bought a v5 Typhon and had assumed they're still Hobbywing re-branded?

I tried both of these but got no luck with any programming. I was using the stock spare 3-pin Y splitter for the fan which only has 2 wires, positive and negative.

Do I need to plug directly into the fan port on the ESC or do I need to use the wire that goes to the receiver?

I tried both of these but got no luck with any programming. I was using the stock spare 3-pin Y splitter for the fan which only has 2 wires, positive and negative.

Do I need to plug directly into the fan port on the ESC or do I need to use the wire that goes to the receiver?

I'm curious about this too. I just picked up a Typhon 6s V5 this week too. I'd rather us a programming card than using the transmitter,

Use the fan port, that’s where those go. I would try it if the settings on the card line up with your ESC’s setting menu, it is a Hobbywing after all. I think the worst cast is it doesn’t work. Second worse is the settings are mislabeled and you won’t know what you are setting. I would look at the settings on the program card and look at the settings menu in the ESC manual. If they are the same then give it a try.

Works when plugging directly into the fan port 👍 Matches up with the value. Surprised the brake percentage is so low. When driving the brakes are super strong and easily lock up but apparently it can only go down 10% more which is surprising. I'm coming from 1/10 buggy though.

The Hobbywing (HW) programming card worked partially on my 130A Firma ESC (the 130A shares a manual with the 150A), but the HW would only address about 5 or 6 of the settings on my 130A, not the full 10 or 12 that are available. Even though the HW card shows it is capable of 11 settings, it would only show 5 or six items available when plugged into my Firma 130A. For example, my 130A came from another brand of vehicle, and the motor rotation was different. The HW card couldn't set motor rotation: I had to buy the Firma programming card to change that and other settings.

If you do try to use the Hobbywing card, make sure you use the settings in the Arrma or Firma manual, not the settings that appear on the programming card itself. They are different.

The hobbywing program card with the blue stripe works to access the complete menus on both my Losi db pro with the 130 amp and my kraton with the 150 amp esc. I plugged it directly into the esc fan port.

86CFBE99-8659-485D-A79B-B23B4AC06D00.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back