Spektrum Firma 150a

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WB1130

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Outcast 6s
My first time using this esc and wanted to change the plugs to my normal xt60. I see a Grey wire to each plug, I'm assuming for the smart capability. Can I cut those off as I have no need for them. So I would be left with 1 pos and 1 neg wire. I guess I can leave the cap pack but I'm worried it may come apart. I'll heat shrink and zip tie it more.

Thanks

My first time using this esc and wanted to change the plugs to my normal xt60. I see a Grey wire to each plug, I'm assuming for the smart capability. Can I cut those off as I have no need for them. So I would be left with 1 pos and 1 neg wire. I guess I can leave the cap pack but I'm worried it may come apart. I'll heat shrink and zip tie it more.

Thanks
Don't change to XT60. You have a 150 amp ESC and XT60s are only 60 amp connectors. Use an appropriate battery connector.

Ok tks fellas. Looking at the programming manual it appears to be very similar to the hobbywing stuff. I think I will keep everything stock except for the punch setting. If I bring it all the way up will I notice more power from the start or gradually as I drive. This is for my son ran on 4s only. Maybe 5s if I can find a decent pack.

Ok tks fellas. Looking at the programming manual it appears to be very similar to the hobbywing stuff. I think I will keep everything stock except for the punch setting. If I bring it all the way up will I notice more power from the start or gradually as I drive. This is for my son ran on 4s only. Maybe 5s if I can find a decent pack.
From the start...

As above, do NOT change to XT60, you will melt them off.
Check Horizon website for the programming manual. The idea is the same as Hobbywing, they are just a re-brand, but options are different.
Hobbywing programmer will not work.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/firma-programming-list.33726/

The grey wire is for smart batteries, just clip and insulate.

Thanks
Might very well be your last too!!🚷

Connector rating:
Tamiya plug - 6.5 amps
Deans - 45 amps
EC3 - 60 amps
XT60 - 60 amps
Castle 4.0mm Polarized - 75 amps
XT90 - 90 amps
EC5 - 120 amps
Castle 5.5mm bullets - 150 amps
XT150 - 150 amps
Castle 6.5mm Polarized - 200 amps
Castle 8.0mm bullets - 300 amps
QS8 - 300 amps

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back