Spektrum firma 150amp esc DOA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldvod

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 150amp firma esc (with the capacitors installed ) and When I press the power button nothing happens. I'm using a 3s lipo and the jumper cable. I also tried two 3s lipos. I'm wondering if I got sold a dead esc by my lhs. If I need to post photos of my esc I will but I don't have access to it at the moment.

It's always a possibility. Give them a call tomorrow and see if they can exchange it

Was it new from the factory or a kit breakdown?

And you know your batteries are good, correct? If so I don't see what else it could be...dead ESC or possibly the power button is broken/defective, but either way, they should refund or exchange it.

And you know your batteries are good, correct? If so I don't see what else it could be...dead ESC or possibly the power button is broken/defective, but either way, they should refund or exchange it.
I tested the batteries on another esc and it worked fine

The 150A ESCs seem to have more than their fair share of issues: failures and fires seem to be cropping up everywhere you look. That's one of the main reasons I replaced the entire Spektrum power system in my Kraton 6s with a Castle system without waiting for an incident to happen. I don't recall seeing many issues with the 100A, 130A, and 160A ESCs, so it appears to be a design or manufacturing issue with the 150A.

The 150A ESCs seem to have more than their fair share of issues: failures and fires seem to be cropping up everywhere you look. That's one of the main reasons I replaced the entire Spektrum power system in my Kraton 6s with a Castle system without waiting for an incident to happen. I don't recall seeing many issues with the 100A, 130A, and 160A ESCs, so it appears to be a design or manufacturing issue with the 150A.
I went there a few days ago to buy a some batteries an esc and motor. I'll probably either get a refund and order a Castle system off great hobbies or exchange it for a Castle esc (if they have one in stock). Plus I just checked and it seems that Castle is cheaper than spektrum or the same price depending on the model

I know this is going to sound like a dumb question but did you calibrate the esc or will it not let you get that far?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back