Mojave Spektrum Firma 160a/ 1250kv Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jpelagio11

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
I'm gonna replace the blx with the spektrum Firma. Has anyone else done this? Or have any thoughts or opinions on doing such upgrade

Update: gotta run it a few more times, but so far so good. Motor gets hot, not temps recorded yet. I'll have to run it this weekend

Attachments

• 20200711_142219_HDR.jpg
    20200711_142219_HDR.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Are you going for the full meal deal and trying to get all the telemetry stuff to work as well? I’ve seen it done on a limitless, never the Mojave tho. Would be a beast.
Yes. I just got a DX5C transmitter so I'd like to set it up that way. Gonna do the same for my Baja Rey. Just ordered to 150amp and whatever the motor was that came with it

I'm gonna replace the blx with the spektrum Firma. Has anyone else done this? Or have any thoughts or opinions on doing such upgrade
I'm running that system in my Kraton 6s, of course now 8s ;). The thing is an absolute beast, tires need constant reglueing, I did not destroy too many components until now (1 driveshaft pin snapped, diffs need maintenance a lot more often), but I also rarely run it.
Curious to see how it performs in a Mojave..

I run it with a sr6100at receiver + DX5c transmitter in my Infraction, but using a hobbystar motor though. It was a little finicky to set up the throttle end points because I couldn't get the procedure to work every time and it kept going into programming mode instead. Also there is two versions of the firma160 (one sku is general and one is K8S specific) but I don't know what the actual difference is but their firmwares are different. Also I would get the smart ESC programmer to go with it. Without it you can't play with motor timing and also with my K8S version of the esc the programming menu didn't match the menu in the manual. It was missing the battery voltage options so when I tried just programming the esc using the set button method I was changing the wrong values because the parameter numbering didn't line up. The smart programmer tells you exactly what options you're changing by name so that was the only way I figured out the battery parameters aren't actually there. It may be that the K8S version is missing the battery selection options when the general version of it has it, but the manual mine came with did not show any distinction (mine was brand new out of the box, didn't come from a kit breaker but the sku was the K8S version).

Once I got it working all the telemetry stuff worked well, it just takes a little but of work to set it all up correctly for some if it like mph and whatnot.

Last edited:
I'm running that system in my Kraton 6s, of course now 8s ;). The thing is an absolute beast, tires need constant reglueing, I did not destroy too many components until now (1 driveshaft pin snapped, diffs need maintenance a lot more often), but I also rarely run it.
i just installed Firma system 160amp combo 1250 motor in the Keaton exb let me tell you it’s wiled ?

i just installed Firma system 160amp combo 1250 motor in the Keaton exb let me tell you it’s wiled ?

Does the motor and esc fit in the stock mount locations or you have to modify in order for them to fit? Is it worth to get this combo over a Hobbywing max6?

Does the motor and esc fit in the stock mount locations or you have to modify in order for them to fit? Is it worth to get this combo over a Hobbywing max6?
Motor is a little oversize, but fits. ESC had to remove the plastic mount that was for the BLX. Mounted straight to chassis

Are you going for the full meal deal and trying to get all the telemetry stuff to work as well? I’ve seen it done on a limitless, never the Mojave tho. Would be a beast.
I'm half way installing the same on my felony

What gearing are you running and what kind of speeds you getting?
I’ve been thinking of going 8s on my EXB but am afraid the gears won’t hold. Now I run Max6 HS 4585 1800kv and have to try not to get too excited on the throttle. I have aluminum diff housings. I wish Robinson racing would make some hardened spiral and input gears. We need stronger diffs so we can really maintain higher power. Nothing sucks worse than hearing one of your diffs clicking

I'm in the process of building a Kraton EXB and have a max6 4985 combo and a stock k8s combo. My plan was to run it on 8S, but after a while my rear diff in my talion with a max8 combo started clicking, so I'm questioning myself if it would really be worth it to run 8s to become a slave of replacing diffs frequently. No one makes hardened gears for our trucks? If I remember correctly, HR or GPM had a few hardened gears, but I don't if they're any good. Can someone chime in if they have 'em on their trucks to share their experience?

I'm half way installing the same on my felony
I've just installed all same in Mt felony got massive batterys and not getting much power im not sure if its me on the app the I've done so.ething wrong, im now trying places that I could send car into to try getting to bottom of issue

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back