Spektrum firma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quantos

Reaction score
Hello i am new to the forms but i have a arrma limitless with a spektrum firma 2050kv motor in it and i was looking at the motor and gear after 2 runs and it looks like the motor and gear got welded together and i was wondering if someone had a similar issue with this

you can see on the rod that there is what is looks like to be that it welded it self to the gear i was just wondering if anyone had this issue before because this really got my attention
IMG_1353.jpg

Looks like it could be just some locktite on the grub screw dripped onto the rod.

it looks like the grub screw is not aligned with the flat (if the flat is at the 7:00 position). Back the grub screw all the way out before trying to get the pinion off. What tools are you using and how are you attempting to separate the pinion from the shaft?

yes the gear is stuck on there even with some pressure applied with tools
That’s how it’s supposed to be. With the grub screw in there, the gear is supposed to be locked on.

Once the grub screw is loosened, you can then be able to pry the gear off.

From the factory, they put some locktite on grub screw to help keep it tight in there. I think that’s what you’re seeing in photo.

it looks like the grub screw is not aligned with the flat (if the flat is at the 7:00 position). Back the grub screw all the way out before trying to get the pinion off. What tools are you using and how are you attempting to separate the pinion from the shaft?
I had a flat head screwdriver but i was not putting a lot of pressure on it because i didnt want to break it and yes the gear is lined up and i have had the screw all the way out as i was trying to get it out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back