Outcast Spektrum G2 battery issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeddie03

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Typhon 6s
Just bought an Outcast 8s. After about 5 minutes of driving the remote starts blinking signaling dead batteries even though the batteries have a lot left in em. If I turn it off and unplug and then plug the batteries up again it starts and shows the real power left. 1 minute later the same thing. Is it the batteries or the truck? Any help would be great

What mAh and C rating are the packs? Also does the truck slow to half power or stop all together or just remote show low voltage? Not saying it's the packs as need more info to be sure, but unfortunately have seen a lot of issues with the Spektrum "smart" packs. Seen a lot of people have dead cells as soon as they get them or after first use so definitely known to have issues unfortunately.

What mAh and C rating are the packs? Also does the truck slow to half power or stop all together or just remote show low voltage? Not saying it's the packs as need more info to be sure, but unfortunately have seen a lot of issues with the Spektrum "smart" packs. Seen a lot of people have dead cells as soon as they get them or after first use so definitely known to have issues unfortunately.
4s 100c. The remote starts beeping the warning and then it stops as if the battery has ran out.

I'd check batteries and make sure all cells are good and you don't have a dead cell. Not sure on 8s rigs but on 6s rigs if it stops that's either signal loss or thermal shutdown. If truck slows down but is still able to drive that's low voltage. So I'd check batteries like I said and maybe rebind the remote to the reciever also.

I'd check batteries and make sure all cells are good and you don't have a dead cell. Not sure on 8s rigs but on 6s rigs if it stops that's either signal loss or thermal shutdown. If truck slows down but is still able to drive that's low voltage. So I'd check batteries like I said and maybe rebind the remote to the reciever also.
Thanks. I’ll try to rebind it. When I plug the batteries in the charger it shows all of the cells as if they’re working properly but I will double check.
are you using a G2 smart charger? Maybe that the issue...
No but I did the firmware update before charging them. They charge regular. When I first put them in the truck it shows full. Then after a few minutes the bs starts

Thanks. I’ll try to rebind it. When I plug the batteries in the charger it shows all of the cells as if they’re working properly but I will double check.

No but I did the firmware update before charging them. They charge regular. When I first put them in the truck it shows full. Then after a few minutes the bs starts
What are cell voltages when it starts with the bs?

For some reason this reply went to my junk mail and I’m just seeing it. Sorry. No my charger was already updated. I charged the battery twice. The third time it wouldn’t work. I reached out for a replacement. They wanted receipts and a video of it not working. I sent it and have yet to hear back from them. It’s been a week 😓

Keep me in the loop if you don’t mind. I was actually able to update my charger but I’m still having the same issue. Running my truck and then the remote beeps several times and then it goes into LVM. Power cycle it and then everything works for a couple minutes and then repeats the issue.

Keep me in the loop if you don’t mind. I was actually able to update my charger but I’m still having the same issue. Running my truck and then the remote beeps several times and then it goes into LVM. Power cycle it and then everything works for a couple minutes and then repeats the issue.
Yeah I’ll definitely try to remember lol. But you should try to rebind your controller. That stopped my battery from showing low/dead

I have this same issue where the car runs for 30 seconds then the receiver shows the battery is dead and cuts power. Did you find a solution?

Just bought an Outcast 8s. After about 5 minutes of driving the remote starts blinking signaling dead batteries even though the batteries have a lot left in em. If I turn it off and unplug and then plug the batteries up again it starts and shows the real power left. 1 minute later the same thing. Is it the batteries or the truck? Any help would be great
I had to do the update on the charger and the batteries through Spektrum and it resolved my problem. Amazon sells the cable for the charger plug to computer usb.

Spektrum Smart Charger USB... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WXSKMP4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Yes. I had to rebind the remote. Never had the issue again.

I bought the cable to upgrade my g2 s150 charger. However, I tried to bind and it's not working and now my remote doesn't connect to car at all. I have a vorteks with a dx3 receiver. I turn on the car, then hold the bind and power button on receiver and it won't connect. I'll probably just take into hobby store
Thanks. I have it all messed up now. I have the vorteks that comes with dx3 receiver. I hold the bind button with the car on and flashing but it's not connecting. There seems to be a shortage of youtube videos on this. I'll just have to take to hobby shop I guess. Maybe it needs a cable? I did buy and am waiting on the charger cable to upgrade the smart charger but I don't think that's the issue here.

I bought the cable to upgrade my g2 s150 charger. However, I tried to bind and it's not working and now my remote doesn't connect to car at all. I have a vorteks with a dx3 receiver. I turn on the car, then hold the bind and power button on receiver and it won't connect. I'll probably just take into hobby store

Thanks. I have it all messed up now. I have the vorteks that comes with dx3 receiver. I hold the bind button with the car on and flashing but it's not connecting. There seems to be a shortage of youtube videos on this. I'll just have to take to hobby shop I guess. Maybe it needs a cable? I did buy and am waiting on the charger cable to upgrade the smart charger but I don't think that's the issue here.
You only need to plug in the bind jumper in your receiver, turn your car on, then the transmitter, and it should bind automatically. I could be wrong but all of mine work this way? The bind jumper plugs into the 1st port on your receiver.
20211223_141737.jpg

Thanks. I'll have to see if it came with one or if I need to buy one. My controller has a bind button that youre supposed to hold when powering on but it's not working.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back