Spektrum Punch setting with bluetooth module/app

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicagoJT

Reaction score
I have a Talion EXB. I bought the bluetooth module and installed it. Is there a way to adjust the punch in the app? Or do I have to do this on the ESC?

Also - any downside to putting this at the highest setting?

Thanks all!

Increasing Punch will always increase amp draw, which increases motor load and heat. More Drivetrain wear. Lipo will hit LVC sooner than later. Much depends on your gearing. Ultimately your personal call.
Depends how you bash, your fan setup etc. Throttle finger etc. I am conservative with my Punch and leave it close to default. More run time results. With my on-road speed running it gets turned all the way down.

Edited:
I did some reading on the BT module. It states it is for access to the Radio and Telem features. States nothing in regards to ESC setup.
I would invest in the Spektrum Program card for your ESC, to easily set up ESC parameters. Much easier than using the manual's ESC Set Button method.

Last edited:
I have replaced the transmitter with a DX5Pro - the is a menu to change the ESC settings from the transmitter. This feature is also in the other DX5 radios.

^^^
@donnie533, I believe you are incorrect.

ESC F/W Parameter settings simply cannot be done with those radios, or any radios for that matter. There are no Radio menus/GUI specifically for the ESC itself. I wish there was. Just is not.:rolleyes:
Need the specific ESC Programmer card to access those ESC Parameters. Best way.
Or by using the "Lame Set Button" method described in the ESC manual, which to me, is the "Blind" and time consuming way IMHO.

:cool:

Last edited:
With a FIRMA ESC, it is absolutely possible ... please refer to the manual ...

Capture.JPG

^^^
@donnie533, I believe you are incorrect.

ESC F/W Parameter settings simply cannot be done with those radios, or any radios for that matter. There are no Radio menus/GUI specifically for the ESC itself. I wish there was. Just is not.:rolleyes:
Need the specific ESC Programmer card to access those ESC Parameters. Best way.
Or by using the "Lame Set Button" method described in the ESC manual, which to me, is the "Blind" and time consuming way IMHO.

:cool:
I have used my DX5Pro to adjust ESC on 3 vehicles (Felony, DBXL-E 2, SCX6) and the DX5C to adjust one (second SCX6). It is all Spektrum electronics - ESC's and Motors. You need to update firmware to ver9 to have this functionality

Please prove me wrong.:unsure: Maybe I am???
Show us your DX5 Pro GUI menu's that shows all the Firma ESC Parameter settings that are accessible. The ESC specific Screens you have on that Pro Radio.
Send pix here for us.:) What Smart Rx are you using, if so?
I have a DX5 with the latest Raceware. I don't believe the Smart Eco gives any Radio access to the Firma ESC paramters. Only the Program box or Smartlink USB can do this.
Can you show us?:cool:

@donnie533,
Thankyou for that. (y)(y)I was wrong and learned something. I wanted to believe it to be true.. Easiest way to adjust ESC on the fly when bashing. (y)(y)Just never saw this. I read the Dx5c manual.
Maybe I have the wrong F/W???

@donnie533,
Thankyou for that. (y)(y)I was wrong and learned something. I wanted to believe it to be true.. Easiest way to adjust ESC on the fly when bashing. (y)(y)Just never saw this. I read the Dx5c manual.
Maybe I have the wrong F/W???

I first heard of this a month ago in a SpektrumRC youtube video about upgrading the SCX6:
The ESC programming starts at 9:37

I am running SR6100AT and SR515 receivers with DX5C and DX5Pro radios - and of course Firma ESC's and Motors - I can program all 4 vehicle ESC's on the fly. So much easier than the programming box. I did have to upgrade the firmware in the DX5C radio to ver9 - the DX5Pro was new and had up to date firmware. Also had to upgrade the firmware in 2 of the ESC's (DBXL-E and Felony) - for that you still need the programming box and a computer. Definitely worthwhile to upgrade all firmware - it is so easy to test out the different settings in the field.

Great find.
This is new for sure. OTF ESC changes while you are bashing. Even beats a program box hands down, no doubt.(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back