Talion Spektrum radio is gash!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatManRayRay

Reaction score
First time out with brand new talion, noticed on first couple runs radio was a bit laggy, now and then wouldnt respond to inputs immediately about 0.5 second delay.

Well it decided not to respond to a steering input as the thing went straight on and under some railings!! Couldnt get to the car as had gone inside a locked area but luckily it drove out on 3 wheels!

Think I've just popped a ball out, just gonna inspect and change to sanwa radio set. Lasted 10 mins before damaged! Oh well, suppose could've been lot worse, anyone else have similar issues with the standard spektrum radio?

20200623_165237.jpg
15929294021796861581481286238199.jpg

It's the very first thing you do when you buy an Arrma with the STX2. Drop kick the radio away and use a different one ?

Aim for that locked area so no one else can suffer from using it ?

It's a known problem, a very poor radio.
How do you get ball back in socket? Looks like you have to unscrew from A arm and put in from the other side?
It's the very first thing you do when you buy an Arrma with the STX2. Drop kick the radio away and use a different one ?

Haha good advice, I'll post a vid later of what happens to the STX2, it very nearly destroyed my baby?

You might be able to pop the ball back in but I would always unscrew it and put it back through from the other side. Just to not bend and potentially weaken the socket any more.
Cheers done it now unscrewed and did it properly(although admit did try and just push it back in first?)

Bent a drive shaft as well so that's it out of action until ca get spares, hope nothing else damaged, proper peeeeed off, am gonna email arrma see if can get anything under warranty it's out of order selling with that piece of sh1t radio, was loving it as well ??????????
Any one know how to get the pins out the hubs so I cam remove drive shaft, looks like they push out but seems very tight

The red aluminium wheel hex has a 2.5mm hex grub screw at it's centre which holds that pin in. Use a heat source (I use a mini gas torch) to heat up the hex and soften the thread lock before you try to unscrew it because Arrma uses a lot of thread lock on it. And definitely use a decent hex driver, such as a MIP driver

The red aluminium wheel hex has a 2.5mm hex grub screw at it's centre which holds that pin in. Use a heat source (I use a mini gas torch) to heat up the hex and soften the thread lock before you try to unscrew it because Arrma uses a lot of thread lock on it. And definitely use a decent hex driver, such as a MIP driver
Thanks mate, appreciated ??

Back2 street bashing the traxxas slash tonight!

Excellent cheers

Did stuff a hex driver down there earlier and could feel it fitted into a hex bolt, but it wouldnt shift guess need to do what Yas said and soften thread lock with a heat gun

I’m honestly surprised none of the mad scientists here have ever cracked one open and tried to fix/improve the stx, guess it’s not really worth the trouble with $35 replacements available but it would be neat to see someone try.

Burn you BAS@#RD

I’m honestly surprised none of the mad scientists here have ever cracked one open and tried to fix/improve the stx, guess it’s not really worth the trouble with $35 replacements available but it would be neat to see someone try.
It cant be saved.. The issue is the FHSS protocol it runs on.. Nothing you can do to change that..

FHSS is a generic name for all the protocols 2.4 GHz radios use.

I doubt the STX2 is fixable with a simple hack since it is crap in multiple ways.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back