Talion Spektrum radio is gash!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time out with brand new talion, noticed on first couple runs radio was a bit laggy, now and then wouldnt respond to inputs immediately about 0.5 second delay.

Well it decided not to respond to a steering input as the thing went straight on and under some railings!! Couldnt get to the car as had gone inside a locked area but luckily it drove out on 3 wheels!

Think I've just popped a ball out, just gonna inspect and change to sanwa radio set. Lasted 10 mins before damaged! Oh well, suppose could've been lot worse, anyone else have similar issues with the standard spektrum radio?

View attachment 86830View attachment 86831
Yep swapped out to DX5 Rugged

I've never had issues with these wheel hex grub screws. I actually worked on them when I first got my car to see how it all worked. an MIP driver and a mini gas torch made quick work of it and I used blue thread lock to keep them in afterwards. As long as you don't direct an open flame or contact the iron on the plastic hub, you'll be fine heating it. It's not recommended but you can even run your car without the grub screws, they're just precautionary
When I first started building arrmas (wasn’t that long ago, am an addict ? lol) I didn’t even use these grub screws??‍♂️.

correct me if I’m wrong here but aren’t they basically to make sure your hex pin doesn’t fall out (and lose more parts in a nasty crash or lost wheel) ????

I guess I should start out by saying, I’ve never purchased an RTR arrma. My wife’s K8S is the only one RTR and I’ve not been “aloud” to touch it ?.

All my others have been built piece by piece from parts breakers. Even my limitless was just a roller ?. That, and my roller typhon (first arrma owned) are the closest thing to RTR I’ve ever had.

shoulda read the manuals ??‍♂️ Lol

I have STX3s in both my Senton and Associated T5M and have no noticeable lag. Are these radios all that different?

My Senton I sold had the old style Tactic TTX. I love that radio . I stripped that radio out and put a Traxxas radio in it when I sold it lol

I have had terrible experiences with these crap STX2 systems. A couple weeks ago I had my Outcast veer off my ramp straight at me and darn near knocked my block off. It randomly turns hard left and accelerates full throttle at times without any input from me :mad:. That will be the LAST time I ever use one. Unbelievable that such a solid RC company with really good product lines would EVER consider such a horrible radio system. It literally is dangerous to use these, IMO. (n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

First time out with brand new talion, noticed on first couple runs radio was a bit laggy, now and then wouldnt respond to inputs immediately about 0.5 second delay.

Well it decided not to respond to a steering input as the thing went straight on and under some railings!! Couldnt get to the car as had gone inside a locked area but luckily it drove out on 3 wheels!

Think I've just popped a ball out, just gonna inspect and change to sanwa radio set. Lasted 10 mins before damaged! Oh well, suppose could've been lot worse, anyone else have similar issues with the standard spektrum radio?

I had the same problems with

It's a crappy radio, ever since Horable Horizon Hobby took over Arrma they cut every cornner to save money over any quality just try to deal with them when you have any problems ?. I have on mutipul occasion's.

I was hoping what I have read about it was exaggerated, but the radio got me too with a 3s Senton I got last month. At first it seemed okay until it took off into the one and only big rock in my neighbors yard. Thank God it wasn't little kids!!

Anyway, tossed the radio and receiver and running a cheap Redcat rtr radio now, and noticed a big difference.

Will probably be the last rtr I buy, Hope ARRMA will start selling rollers soon. ?

Best dec I made was to buy a Tactic on the forum and after nearly breaking my shin, 86ing that Radio. It’s absolute trash. Horizon wants to use in-house fine. Give us something that works properly with a quality Arrma RC. This is ridiculous.

I have had terrible experiences with these crap STX2 systems. A couple weeks ago I had my Outcast veer off my ramp straight at me and darn near knocked my block off. It randomly turns hard left and accelerates full throttle at times without any input from me :mad:. That will be the LAST time I ever use one. Unbelievable that such a solid RC company with really good product lines would EVER consider such a horrible radio system. It literally is dangerous to use these, IMO. (n)(n)(n)(n)(n)
Yep, very ropey radio!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back