Spektrum S9120/9110 servo, anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evo165

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
Hi all 5th scale brothers, anyone using the above s9120/9110 servo, please review how does it holding up?

Lastly, does on the Arrma 5th scale servo box require any modification/cutting on the box?

I don't know why, some don't and some require cuttina. One of our Kraton bro below in the YouTube mentioned require cutting 2mm off the material in order for the hole/saver to line up.

If the servo is a true 1/5 scale servo. You will need a new reciever box for 1/5 scale. The reciever box included on the RTR Kratons and Outcast is a sized for a 1/6 scale servo. There are small numbers in the lower right hand corner. One will say 5 (1/5th scale) and the other box will say 6(1/6th scale). Ive never used that servo but it should fit width wise into the proper mount. Sometimes with larger aftermarket servos they are taller and will not line up with that bearing on the Arrma servo saver.

If the servo is a true 1/5 scale servo. You will need a new reciever box for 1/5 scale. The reciever box included on the RTR Kratons and Outcast is a sized for a 1/6 scale servo. There are small numbers in the lower right hand corner. One will say 5 (1/5th scale) and the other box will say 6(1/6th scale). Ive never used that servo but it should fit width wise into the proper mount. Sometimes with larger aftermarket servos they are taller and will not line up with that bearing on the Arrma servo saver.
Have you seen someone using the 5th servo without the bearing support on the guard?

Have you seen someone using the 5th servo without the bearing support on the guard?
I am currently doing it now on my Outcast EXB. Ive had 1 outing on it so far with 2 packs through it. I haven't had a issue yet. Im not sure how it will hold up in the long run but Im going to keep it like this until something happens lol.

I am currently doing it now on my Outcast EXB. Ive had 1 outing on it so far with 2 packs through it. I haven't had a issue yet. Im not sure how it will hold up in the long run but Im going to keep it like this until something happens lol.
Glad to know someone using it without without bearing support. Well, I am still waiting for my Outcast exb and the s9120bl servo. In the event of really too long & unable to fit the bearing support. I shall do it without the bearing support. BTW what servo are you using it now causing you to fit without the bearing?

Glad to know someone using it without without bearing support. Well, I am still waiting for my Outcast exb and the s9120bl servo. In the event of really too long & unable to fit the bearing support. I shall do it without the bearing support. BTW what servo are you using it now causing you to fit without the bearing?
Whats funny is I pre ordered mine through Horizon the first day they released it. And I happen to browsing Ebay and saw they had them listed on Ebay IN STOCK. So I called them and they basically told me back orders come after all the normal orders. Hence my order was on the back burner. So I canceled and got lucky to find one at my LHS.

I run this Powerhobby Servo. I live 5 minutes from they're warehouse so I know them pretty well and they have great customer service. The amount of power it makes is incredible. The servo is about 3mm to long. I would have to shave down the bearing support to make it fit and I just don't wanna hack up this brand new expensive model lol.

https://www.powerhobby.com/1512mg.html

Whats funny is I pre ordered mine through Horizon the first day they released it. And I happen to browsing Ebay and saw they had them listed on Ebay IN STOCK. So I called them and they basically told me back orders come after all the normal orders. Hence my order was on the back burner. So I canceled and got lucky to find one at my LHS.

I run this Powerhobby Servo. I live 5 minutes from they're warehouse so I know them pretty well and they have great customer service. The amount of power it makes is incredible. The servo is about 3mm to long. I would have to shave down the bearing support to make it fit and I just don't wanna hack up this brand new expensive model lol.

Wow!! That is 1 beef looking servo buddy!! Other than the end bearing guard unable to fit. Do u require to mod/cut the servo/rx box to make it fit? Great to see there is more option 5th servos for us!

Bro, possible take couple of pics of your servo on your outcast exb? I got to admit, the powerhobby 1512 spec is decent, however, it is the huge size and machining leading me toward getting them compare to Spektrum 9120. Just want to see how does it look like installing without the end bearing support/guide.

Bro, possible take couple of pics of your servo on your outcast exb? I got to admit, the powerhobby 1512 spec is decent, however, it is the huge size and machining leading me toward getting them compare to Spektrum 9120. Just want to see how does it look like installing without the end bearing support/guide.

The only thing I had to do was add 3 M4 size washers on each of the bolts. If you don’t the servo will smush the receiver box when you tighten down the bolts. Other than that it will fit without the bearing.

A61F18CE-45CC-473F-B442-FAE6D81BDF85.jpeg

4EFB387D-F821-404B-9A0E-747732336A19.jpeg

The only thing I had to do was add 3 M4 size washers on each of the bolts. If you don’t the servo will smush the receiver box when you tighten down the bolts. Other than that it will fit without the bearing.

View attachment 153095

View attachment 153096
Thanks bro for the pictures!! Definately helping me out alot for the coming build! :) cheers

Your servo saver is installed incorrectly. Should be flushed all the way down with the orange o ring not showing that is why you can fit the bearing.

Also, spektrum is much more shorter than most of the 1/5 scale one.

View attachment 153095

View attachment 153096
Thanks bro for the pictures!! Definately helping me out alot for the coming build! :)

View attachment 153095

View attachment 153096

Your servo saver is installed incorrectly. Should be flushed all the way down with the orange o ring not showing that is why you can fit the bearing.

Also, spektrum is much more shorter than most of the 1/5 scale one.
Bro Frankca24, do you install the single short screw or using the stock screw? I read somewhere when using aftermarket servo require shorter screw in order to crank all the way down on the servo saver. I never notice it until bro Niz55 mentioned it regarding the Oring.

Use the shorter screw. I stripped my servo saver in less the 5 min that way. I thought it was tight... nope just maxed out.

Thanks bro for the pictures!! Definately helping me out alot for the coming build! :)

Bro Frankca24, do you install the single short screw or using the stock screw? I read somewhere when using aftermarket servo require shorter screw in order to crank all the way down on the servo saver. I never notice it until bro Niz55 mentioned it regarding the Oring.
For the powerhobby servo it uses a m3.5 screw. So you can’t use the factory screw. A 25mm screw is included with the kit to match the stock length for the arrma servo saver. The short screw in that kit is for the servo horn that they provide with the kit, not the stock servo saver.

Care to show me where your talking about?
This is the area I am talking about it bro. Are you still able to get it mount up with the Powerhobby 1512 servo?

If so, possible to share some pics with us? Thanks mate!

Screenshot_20210621-185637_YouTube.jpg

Back