Spektrum SLT3 radio bind to 2nd receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariniam

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
Can anyone please advise if the Spektrum SLT3, which comes with the Mojave v2 RTR, bind to a second spektrum receiver so I can run two cars off of it?

An old post somewhere stated the older variant SLT TTX300. withTX300 Rx can do it. Same SLT protocol as the SLT 3.
You can try it if you have a spare Rx. You have nothing to lose. I don't see that it's documented anywhere however.
The Mojave V2 SLT3 radio comes with the SR315DP Rx. ( dual protocol) It is not to be confused with the standard SR315. The SR315DP will run SLT and the faster frame rate DSMR protocol. Then you could use that Rx in DSMR mode with a DX5C digital radio or any higher end Spektrum multi model radio. DX5C has a 20 model memory.

An old post somewhere stated the older variant SLT TTX300. withTX300 Rx can do it. Same SLT protocol as the SLT 3.
You can try it if you have a spare Rx. You have nothing to lose. I don't see that it's documented anywhere however.
The Mojave V2 SLT3 radio comes with the SR315DP Rx. ( dual protocol) It is not to be confused with the standard SR315. The SR315DP will run SLT and the faster frame rate DSMR protocol. Then you could use that Rx in DSMR mode with a DX5C digital radio or any higher end Spektrum multi model radio. DX5C has a 20 model memory.
Thank you. My hobby shop sais it won't so I think I will pick up a rugged instead of the DX5C

Rugged or DX5C. (y) Same identical radio, features, firmware, and display. Except one is Rugged. (packaged differently and costs a bit more). I have the DX5C, Noble NB4 , and a Radiolink RC6GS for my Limitless.(The cheapest, yet way longest range of the 3). Good luck.:cool:

Yes, If you can drive one handed. Crawler guys mostly do that. They drive slow. I cant. I have smallish hands. Beside being water resistant,the Rugged comes in colors and you can attach a lanyard, unlike the Dx5C. Which color did you choose? The latest model of them comes in orange and green also.

Some reviews of the DX5 Rugged radio said the Scroll Wheel touch pad (water proof control switch) is unresponsive at times. The touch pad used for screen navigation for the settings.

Last edited:
I chose the green one! Apparently they've remedied the scrolling issue from videos I've seen on YouTube.

So the lanyard attachment is useful, I use it all the time when flying drones. And the waterproofing is a bonus, although I'm not sure it will be needed in Greece ?

Rugged or DX5C. (y) Same identical radio, features, firmware, and display. Except one is Rugged. (packaged differently and costs a bit more). I have the DX5C, Noble NB4 , and a Radiolink RC6GS for my Limitless.(The cheapest, yet way longest range of the 3). Good luck.:cool:
By the way thanks for pointing that out. I ended up going for the DX5C with 6100 receiver combo and saved about 100 euros

I chose the green one! Apparently they've remedied the scrolling issue from videos I've seen on YouTube.

So the lanyard attachment is useful, I use it all the time when flying drones. And the waterproofing is a bonus, although I'm not sure it will be needed in Greece ?
Yeah, I hear you don't get much rain at all there in Greece. Same in Cyprus. Have family there. Yeah I was close to pulling the trigger on a Rugged, mostly for my Crawlers, I hike and go through streams and mud with them. I wanted the Green one also.(y) Good choice.:)
My Noble and Radiolink can attach a lanyard. My older Futaba's did also. I got spoiled using them. My DX5C not. I may velcro strap one onto its lower grip.

Edit:
I also heard they fixed the scroll pad. But some of the original black/grey Rugged's are floating around still.
You know you have the revised Rugged for sure if it's a Colored one. (second Generation revised) Originally when first released, the Rugged was in black/grey only.
Make sure you update the firmware on your Rugged to the latest RaceWare version out the box before you bind to your rigs.. You will lose your rig settings and need a re-bind after any FW update. I thought I would mention this to save you some wasted time by having to re-bind and dial in your models over again.
You will need SPMA3065 update cable for FW updates. Sold separately. When you register the Rugged on the Spektrum site and plug in the Rugged to your PC, it will say if FW is current or show if a new one available. They revise The RaceWare/FW periodically.

Last edited:
Have family in Cyprus? man you are half Greek then :love:

I ended up going for the DX5C + 6100 receiver combo and saved 100 euros vs the Rugged + 6100. I needed to save some cash after having spent so much on the Mojave, Kraton EXB and all of its belongings, so I bailed on the Rugged.

Thanks a mil about the info regarding the FW. I didn't know they required updating and I presume it's the same deal with the DX5C

Doesn't the cable come with the transmitter?sd

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back