Kraton Spektrum SLT3 radio & SR315 receiver… no AVC???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActionJackson

Reaction score
Happy weekend guys,

I just hooked up my budget build Kraton 6s with the spektrum SLT3 radio and SR315 receiver. Just noticed that the AVC doesn’t seem to function although the receiver should support AVC and I thought this “S/R” knob would control the AVC gain…

Is the radio not AVC compatible? Did I go too budget haha…

If that’s true, what is S/R supposed to control?

Thanks all!
For reference, see S/R knob:

Attachments

• F7FC53EF-C5D1-4252-BE15-6BB49813C042.png
    F7FC53EF-C5D1-4252-BE15-6BB49813C042.png
    398.8 KB · Views: 174
Thank you for the input!

I enjoy the AVC on my Felony because otherwise it’s tough to keep straight on full power… but I’m not even sure if a Kraton needs the AVC functionality… hmmm…

The fs-gt5 comes with a reciever and has a gyro (same thing as avc). Cheaper than spektrum they over price their receivers.

Sr315 and slt3 is the best transmitter spektrum makes. Dx3 is terrible at binding to the avc receiver and I have runaways constantly. I have 3 sr2100a from warranty claims and they all won’t bind correctly to the DX3. Dx3 and the sr315 works great and I find AVC is not really needed on the Kraton 6s anyway.

Last edited:
Oh nice, I know that trail from hitting the Sedona MRB festival a couple of years ago… I believe next week is the 2022 date for the festival BTW.
Oh sick,
I don't live there but I'm flying back to Phoenix,AZ tomorrow and heading back to sedona for a week.
Do you live near Sedona ?
What kind bikes do you got ?

The SR315 is not an AVC receiver. You need a 6100at, 6200a, etc, and you'll need a DX3 transmitter to go along with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234270871612?hash=item368ba1d03c:g:9KYAAOSwxGFhhA0D

That combo would net you AVC. It's not the only way to do it, but it's pretty inexpensive.
Supposedly there is a video from spectrum which show the dude using a dx3 on a kraton 6s and the avc working after binding and using a method to calibrate avc ...he didn't say anything about a different receiver....

Supposedly there is a video from spectrum which show the dude using a dx3 on a kraton 6s and the avc working after binding and using a method to calibrate avc ...he didn't say anything about a different receiver....
Odds are they changed the receiver.

Here is a list of all Spektrum receivers that have AVC.

SR6200A
SR6100AT
SR6110AT

Discontinued.
SRS4220
SRS4210
SRS4201
SRS6000

Odds are they changed the receiver.

Here is a list of all Spektrum receivers that have AVC.

SR6200A
SR6100AT
SR6110AT

Discontinued.
SRS4220
SRS4210
SRS4201
SRS6000
Hey thanks for that...I managed to find a receiver sr6200at out of a vorteks with a dx3 conteoller....however after contacting spektrum here in the UK (logic rc) they explained that if you already have a dx3 binded and avc calibrated to a vorteks you cannot use the controller with another vehicle in my case a kraton 6s's avc function properly . They explained that the servo placement on either vehicle is different and although they would both bind and work on basic controls however the avc would be out of sync given the vehicle specifications. Due to get the receiver and tx in a few days il probably slap it in and see how it works out...

Hey thanks for that...I managed to find a receiver sr6200at out of a vorteks with a dx3 conteoller....however after contacting spektrum here in the UK (logic rc) they explained that if you already have a dx3 binded and avc calibrated to a vorteks you cannot use the controller with another vehicle in my case a kraton 6s's avc function properly . They explained that the servo placement on either vehicle is different and although they would both bind and work on basic controls however the avc would be out of sync given the vehicle specifications. Due to get the receiver and tx in a few days il probably slap it in and see how it works out...
You have to recalibrate the AVC. I can't get on YouTube at the moment but there are quite a few videos on there how to do it.

You have to recalibrate the AVC. I can't get on YouTube at the moment but there are quite a few videos on there how to do it.
Yes hit the spectrum button on the receiver, bind button on tx, power on, full acc, full brake, full right , full left but one controller doesn't have the memory for two separate vehicles avc setups so you would have to calibrate each time you switch behicle...I'm just getting two tx's one for each car

Yes hit the spectrum button on the receiver, bind button on tx, power on, full acc, full brake, full right , full left but one controller doesn't have the memory for two separate vehicles avc setups so you would have to calibrate each time you switch behicle...I'm just getting two tx's one for each car
Oh yeah the DX3 doesn't have multi model memory. Only the "high end" radios do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back