Spektrum smart esc programmer problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
My programmer just shows squares no matter how I plug it in I have it hooked up to my pc thinking maybe an update is needed but it’s not doing anything I was trying to check my batteries and it just kept doing this.

D5951CA1-C0DC-49BB-85FC-B77850951AE3.jpeg

That's a new one for me as well. Seems like it's bricked.

Suggest to not connect to ESC. Make sure the USB is plugged into the port and nothing else. Try updating the firmware through the 1.08 software.

It won’t connect to the laptop. I was trying setup my dads infraction. I’ve used it on my felony. I think the programmer is fried because I smoked his esc so I already ordered a replacement.

Did you unplug the fan on the ESC and plug the programer in where the fan was plugged in?Then connect a battery and power it on? How did you connect it.? You didn't show any pictures and you didn't say how you connected it to the esc. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious .

Maybe beating a dead horse (pun intended).
Disconnect all cables, plug in the USB from laptop. Programmer should power on.
Open the Spektrum software and select the programmer under 'device'. Nothing happening?
If no it's just plain dead. Maybe try the warranty route, this shouldn't happen.

Same with the ESC but no idea what you did to that to make it 'die'. Unless you hosed it off with water there shouldn't be anything bad happening i.e. might be a warranty issue as well.

Make sure you have the latest software from the Horizon site but any version will work with the programmer. Get it via the ESC on sale on Horizon.

I believe that's the contrast pot of the LCD screen. Basically it's cranked too high thus over-saturating the characters that are supposed to be displayed.

I know this as I use these types of screens a lot in my Arduino projects.

You'll need to disassemble the unit to access the contrast pot. It could be a physical knob you can twist with your fingers or a screwdriver pot. If unsure take a photo and I'll point it out for you.

I had a similar problem with mine, found the solder joints on the three pin connector had been broken off when someone else had smashed it into a small box with the 3 pin still plugged into the card.... soldered them back together, and she works fine now...

I took mine apart and it looks like there’s a burnt resistor maybe I’m not gonna fight with it it’s only $30. And the ESC was my fault not the programmer but the programmer was making that screen before connecting to the esc so not sure what happened exactly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back