spektrum smart esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver165

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
why is it nobody seems to talk about the spektrum smart esc when some one asks about upgrading esc/motor? i see alot of other recommended but none for these. too new, costly, not worth it? with alot of people using the dx5c TX i would think taking advantage of the smart esc would be a good idea.

Waste of extra money. They are mostly rebranded hobbywing
This. Overpriced rebranded Hobbywing esc with some gimmicky crap slapped in it, just like the Spektrum chargers and batteries.

why is it nobody seems to talk about the spektrum smart esc when some one asks about upgrading esc/motor? i see alot of other recommended but none for these. too new, costly, not worth it? with alot of people using the dx5c TX i would think taking advantage of the smart esc would be a good idea.
Ive recently dropped a Firma 130 amp into my BRCC. I've got it paired up with a castle 1415 2400kv motor. Works great, smooth power delivery, stays fairly cool. I prefer spektrum or hobbywing ESC's over Castle ESCs. I know that sounds like blasphemy but the two times I've owned a castle esc, they've crapped out on me. They failed me twice, so I wouldn't spend a nickle on castle's ESC's. Through my experience, they garbage. But yeah the Spektrum stuff is cool. Lol.

I just bought my first real rc . Got the limitless w a whole firma spektrum setup got the 160a esc ,dual 1250 kv motors ,smart esc programmer ,Spektrum 8S Smart Powerstage 5000mAh IC5 100C Lipo Batteryx2/S2100 Dual Charger ,the dx3 spektrum transmitter and receiver and a bunch of other upgrades for the limitless the only thing I'm having trouble w is figuring out if I need another esc or if I can get adapters to hook up to one esc and if the one esc can handle both motors does anyone know about that

The spektrum only makes sense if you already have other spektrum stuff like their smart batteries/chargers and/or one of their smart radios (DX5c, dx5pro, etc). Without that other stuff it's just a non smart esc that's more expensive than Hobbywing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back