SOLD / FOUND Spektrum Smart USB Updater Cable SPMXCA100 Spektrum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzle

Reaction score
I have the Spektrum s2100 and I need to update the charger so I will be able to use the G2 batteries. Does anyone know of a different cable I could purchase or does anyone have this cable that I could borrow or buy? 😎 Thank you!

Would this work?
20210507_141800.jpg

@Boggs3010 no, it has the wrong end connector for the charger. They 'might' if the connector is changed but no guarantee as these are mainly for RX/TX.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/smart-charger-usb-updater-cable-link/SPMXCA100.html

Looks like they will be in stock again by May 17th.

These might work but I bet that's why they are sold out as well. No guarantee but iSDT is what Spektrum is using, just re-branded.
https://www.rcplanet.com/isdt-sclinker-charger-firmware-upgrade-usb-interface-cable-isd-usb/p543612

Can't believe they didn't just use a simple USB connection.

Last edited:
I have the Spektrum s2100 and I need to update the charger so I will be able to use the G2 batteries. Does anyone know of a different cable I could purchase or does anyone have this cable that I could borrow or buy? 😎 Thank you!

PM me...

The isdt connector works great and they are half as much money!.... i got mine off of amazon ....couldnt find the spektrum update cable at all. Also the reason why these work is because the isdt chargers are basically the same as the horizon hobby chargers I think horizon hobby/ spektrum did a little copy copy 😂 they are very very similar or at least they used the same software

20210508_024721.jpg

Would any old 3.5mm to USB 2.0 cable work? That is exactly what all of these cables look like... I ordered one off of Amazon will report back.

Screenshot_20210508-070733.png

Spektrum licensed the iSDT technology, not just copy. Yes they are identical, just wasn't sure if they didn't 'lock' their brand with some sort of ID in the cable. Looks like it works just fin and good find!

Spektrum licensed the iSDT technology, not just copy. Yes they are identical, just wasn't sure if they didn't 'lock' their brand with some sort of ID in the cable. Looks like it works just fin and good find!
Right......also to dizzle I also thought about this and was actually going to make one but I don't think it works like that, there is some kind of board inside the USB part that talks to the program on the computer.... And I don't think I would chance it with the charger too expensive to be messing with a cheap A## cable plus they're kind of finicky to update as it is. (Had To find certain drivers for the last update, because the driver's horizon had on the website wouldn't work) so I would just spend the seven or eight dollars and get the one from Amazon imo👍

Hey! If you happen to have a FTDI dongle laying around and you can get a 4 pole 3.5 cable off amazon to sacrifice, you can use the instructions in this video to hack together your own update cable! I used this method to update my own S2100 charger, so I can confirm it works ;)

Hey! If you happen to have a FTDI dongle laying around and you can get a 4 pole 3.5 cable off amazon to sacrifice, you can use the instructions in this video to hack together your own update cable! I used this method to update my own S2100 charger, so I can confirm it works ;)
Oh so this method does work huh? I didn't think it did because it looked like it was for the older ftdi chargers and firmware. Thought it was a different interface altogether. Cool beans👍

I don't have a "dongle" laying around so my only option is to return this cable when it arrives and just wait for the real cable? 👎

I don't have a "dongle" laying around so my only option is to return this cable when it arrives and just wait for the real cable? 👎
You could buy a FTDI bridge and cut up that cable to make a DIY update cable, though that'll probably end up costing more....
Oh so this method does work huh? I didn't think it did because it looked like it was for the older ftdi chargers and firmware. Thought it was a different interface altogether. Cool beans👍
Yup, it's just a plain ol' UART interface! The one twist is that the 3rd segment from the base of the plug is Data Ready aka Clear to Send rather than +5v

The cable I ordered from Amazon does not work. When plugged into the computer it doesn't recognize the device. Do not try that method I will be returning the cable. Still looking for an update cable if anyone has one 😎

Which one did u order? If you search on YouTube spektrum smart charger update there is this guy that shows you how to download a specific driver set you need mine didn't work either at first until I found his video as soon as I downloaded the drivers that he had (it was from an older application that spektrum put out for the snart chargers) Once I did that everything was good to go🤘👍🤘
I'll try to find the video for u tho. This is with the isdt cable and the specific drivers you need you even need these drivers with the spektrum update cable also.... For some reason with the newer application it won't recognize the device...

Edit: Here's the video....
This guy has it working with these drivers this is how I updated my chargers with the 8$ amazon isdt cable

Last edited:
This is the cable I bought

View attachment 146045
Oh no! Lol I don't think that one will work I will link the one that I got off of Amazon to you in a private message there's some kind of electronics inside the little part where it says " "isdt" meaning I don't think it can be just a regular USB a and a headphone jack. But who knows 🤷‍♂️ I'm going to link you anyway 👍

Dizzle I just checked online for you none of the online retailers have these cables not even the spektrum joint.... there is one shop that i found that has the cable.... Same one I have "ISDT sclinker" It is marked up a few bucks so it's ultimately your decision but for a few bucks more I would snag it because these cables are hard to get! I tried messaging you but it wouldn't let me post it.... I guess you can't talk about links or send links to each other?? so message me and send me your email or something and I will send you the link to the retail*r for the cable you need👍

yea trex4b it looks like they are back in stock I had hooked him up with a link on Amazon last week hopefully he got one the alternative was isdt cable,....( same thing though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back