Kraton Spektrum Stock servo 👎

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oqy1977

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi guys.. is it me or this happens alot to new Kraton 6s's ?

When I first unbox it, the servo already making some strange noise, but since I'm new to this platform and brand, I thought it's normal.

Well nope. After I gave it some 50% throttle runs, it wont steer anymore.

Fortunately next day I run to a local RC Shop near Cinnaminson, NJ (RC Car World) and the owner Mike told me that the gears are stripper. And he recommends me to change it. Bought the Hot Racing servo arm and Evopower WP-120T servo... And along some tools that he recommends so I could fix it myself.

The process of replacing the servo is quite a new experience for me, after some ooohhh and aaaahh... Its replaced, my steering is now very, very good. And can't be much happier with the results....

I might be tempted to buy the brands that I see alot here in the forums (savox, techpower etc).. but I'm happy with this one at the moment.

Cheers 🥂🥂 folks!

Hi guys.. is it me or this happens alot to new Kraton 6s's ?

When I first unbox it, the servo already making some strange noise, but since I'm new to this platform and brand, I thought it's normal.

Well nope. After I gave it some 50% throttle runs, it wont steer anymore.

Fortunately next day I run to a local RC Shop near Cinnaminson, NJ (RC Car World) and the owner Mike told me that the gears are stripper. And he recommends me to change it. Bought the Hot Racing servo arm and Evopower WP-120T servo... And along some tools that he recommends so I could fix it myself.

The process of replacing the servo is quite a new experience for me, after some ooohhh and aaaahh... Its replaced, my steering is now very, very good. And can't be much happier with the results....

I might be tempted to buy the brands that I see alot here in the forums (savox, techpower etc).. but I'm happy with this one at the moment.

Cheers 🥂🥂 folks!
Did you set up your Steering Endpoints well at the Radio? Don't forget to do this if you haven't already. You will stress out the servo if you don't. There are videos to best explain it. Read the Radio manual.

Out the box The stocker servos are not even adjusted properly at the factory and why many stockers fail. But they suck anyway and are just too lame and weak. ALL RTR servos. No matter the brand of rig.
There are probably hundreds of posts regarding failed Stocker servos on AF. You are not alone..

Last edited:
Yes, most ready to run servos are generally considered bad. Many of us run Amazon DS3235KG servos in your rigs. Cheap to replace and decent enough for a basher.
Fixed :ROFLMAO:

Did you set up your Steering Endpoints well at the Radio? Don't forget to do this if you haven't already. You will stress out the servo if you don't. There are videos to best explain it. Read the Radio manual.

Out the box The stocker servos are not even adjusted properly at the factory and why many stockers fail. But they suck anyway and are just too lame and weak. ALL RTR servos. No matter the brand of rig.
There are probably hundreds of posts regarding failed Stocker servos on AF. You are not alone..
Thanks SrC, yes... I did the end points adjustments before I run it.
When arrma "showed" the Kraton in my youtube feed many years ago, it was my first "dream" RC. So the moment I press the buy button, i did alot of research on what to do firsts.

Any other suggestions perhaps?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back