Spektrum strikes again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ho lee chit

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
Spektrum strikes again!

My STX2 decided that my notorious should dive into the water. I let off the throttle, the car kept going, i applied the brake, the car kept going, i steered to the right, the car kept going. Splash.....

I bet that if i replace the reciever the car drives.
Question is....... for how long?

When will bearings, motor or esc fail? Rust in the diffs......

My LHS contacted the sales manager of europe so next week i hope to find out what he offers.

What do you think is fair? The car is from oktober and did not drive for two and a half months because the esc died. Yesterday was my first run with the esc until the car decided to swim.

Attachments

• IMG_20200516_092615.jpg
    IMG_20200516_092615.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 156
I did install the ttx300 which is okay but it died when the esc took a dump. Waiting for horizon to replace it I temporarily installed the stx2 and that lasted ten minutes.

Major design flaw imo

I had issues with the STX2
Its cheap and nasty and not fit for a high performance RC vehicle like the typhon 6S.
I got myself a dumborc now and its totally transformed the car.

That sucks bro. I had problems with my 1st STX2 and changed it out quick, now I have 4 of them never used sitting on a shelf collecting dust.

Attachments

• 20190530_215207.jpg
    20190530_215207.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 84
My stx same thing and smashed into a curb, pieces everywhere. Upgraded to Dx5c and sr515 reciever all is good
I see a lot of people go this route and I personally don’t understand it. They screw you with garbage tx and then you go buy from the same brand that screwed you. I’m not picking on you this is something many do I just can’t bring myself to give them more money/support when they knowingly gave me trash. It’s hard for me to believe there isn’t a better option than spectrum. Maybe future comparability with new vehicles, but if iirc the dx5 can’t be used with a big part of the arrma fleets stock rx. Maybe I’m just still bitter that I spent over a grand on HH brands and it wasn’t enough for a decent transmitter???

I see a lot of people go this route and I personally don’t understand it. They screw you with garbage tx and then you go buy from the same brand that screwed you. I’m not picking on you this is something many do I just can’t bring myself to give them more money/support when they knowingly gave me trash. It’s hard for me to believe there isn’t a better option than spectrum. Maybe future comparability with new vehicles, but if iirc the dx5 can’t be used with a big part of the arrma fleets stock rx. Maybe I’m just still bitter that I spent over a grand on HH brands and it wasn’t enough for a decent transmitter???
Comparing a DX5C to the STX2 is like comparing a Shelby Super Snake to a Ford Pinto.

I see your point definitely I thought same damn thing, stx dropped it shattered my fault stx 2 signal fail $100 in parts to fix rig, then $175 Dx5c and sr515 reciever. It’s money for them, money spent by us such bs.
Comparing a DX5C to the STX2 is like comparing a Shelby Super Snake to a Ford Pinto.
i feel like a pro racer with this Dx5c and it’s also binded to eb410 definitely feel a good type of way with it plus a 30ft tall ? antenna signal is ?

I wasn’t comparing the two aside from they’re made by the same company. I’m not crapping on the dx5 either by all accounts I’ve read it’s a fine radio. I just don’t see a big upside to spectrum over other brands if I’ve got to replace both tx/rx after getting burned by stx2.

They work REALLY well in the trash....

Mind you, I'm not basing this on my experience. I bound my Flysky Noble to my Outcast straight out of the box before even putting a battery in it

I wasn’t comparing the two aside from they’re made by the same company. I’m not crapping on the dx5 either by all accounts I’ve read it’s a fine radio. I just don’t see a big upside to spectrum over other brands if I’ve got to replace both tx/rx after getting burned by stx2.
I see your point. Compared to other higher end name brand radios in the same price range the DX5C is a good deal, the Futaba 3PV is about the same price but only has 3 channels while the DX5C has 5, Futaba has 10 model memory, Spektrum is 20.

I want to get the 4PM.

They work REALLY well in the trash....

Mind you, I'm not basing this on my experience. I bound my Flysky Noble to my Outcast straight out of the box before even putting a battery in it
Nah I didn’t take it that way, just your point in the poopy radio they give you to have you by a new one is ? Just comparing what I have towards the stx 2. Valid point tho

I see your point. Compared to other higher end name brand radios in the same price range the DX5C is a good deal, the Futaba 3PV is about the same price but only has 3 channels while the DX5C has 5, Futaba has 10 model memory, Spektrum is 20.

I want to get the 4PM.

The 4PM is frickin' awesome, and this is coming from a guy who likes Sanwa. The little joystick is kinda sucky though, so if you have clumsy fingers it might be annoying.

The 4PM is frickin' awesome, and this is coming from a guy who likes Sanwa. The little joystick is kinda sucky though, so if you have clumsy fingers it might be annoying.
Awe man. The only thing I hate about the DX5C is the flipping scroll wheel, it is way to easy to click when trying to scroll.

Awe man. The only thing I hate about the DX5C is the flipping scroll wheel, it is way to easy to click when trying to scroll.

Oh then you’ll hate the 4PM. It’s actually got the reverse problem, it’s super hard to click (push down on the joystick) and you end up moving it instead. ☹️

I will never buy a Spektrum radio ever again, and if HH keeps including junk radios in $500.+ models, I will never buy another new Arrma.

My lhs refunded me 80% of the car so now I no longer own a arrma. Bought a second trx4 and a second x-maxx and will now be waiting for a outcast 8s (the kraton 8s was a let down )

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back