Spektrum STX2 or older Arrma ATX100 RX/TX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drabina

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Is the older Arrma ATX100 radio and receiver any better than the new Spektrum STX2 that comes with the RTR models? I have both and need to sell one so help me with the decision.

Thanks

Well, I am not selling the radio on its own. I have a car for sale and will either include the Spektrum or Arrma radio with it. Just want to keep the one that's better. I have heard nothing but complains about the STX2 radios. Just don't know if the ATX100 is any better.

Keep the ATX100 I have one and three more like it (TH124 and AX-3) they are decent RTR radios. The radios and receivers are Flysky AFHDS compatible.

Sell the STX2, but they sell for only $15-20 bucks at chop shops.

I can also confirm, as has been said here many times, that the STX2 is a piece of sheott. I just got my Senton 3s BLX and have only run it a few times, and I'm already looking for a new tx. The delay is frustrating and the range sucks. I'm on a budget, so I'm looking at the Tactic 300. Alot of good reviews and folks on here really like the Tactic. Maybe something better later, but for now this STX2 has to go!

I can also confirm, as has been said here many times, that the STX2 is a piece of sheott. I just got my Senton 3s BLX and have only run it a few times, and I'm already looking for a new tx. The delay is frustrating and the range sucks. I'm on a budget, so I'm looking at the Tactic 300. Alot of good reviews and folks on here really like the Tactic. Maybe something better later, but for now this STX2 has to go!
The Tactic is a really basic unit, but it does work well. You will enjoy it.

If you have trouble finding one at a good value, consider the Dumborc which should be around $25-$30 and is very similar in both features and quality. Down side is they are hard to find at times in stock in the US and may have to wait for a China shipment.

The Tactic is a really basic unit, but it does work well. You will enjoy it.

If you have trouble finding one at a good value, consider the Dumborc which should be around $25-$30 and is very similar in both features and quality. Down side is they are hard to find at times in stock in the US and may have to wait for a China shipment.

I've heard great things about those DumboRC radios. They also have gyro capability to help keep cars under control. Similar to AVC or TSM.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back