Spektrum telemetry cuts out after 20-30ft.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drewskie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
I have no idea why but whenever my car gets more than 20-30ft away the telemetry data cuts out. I still have full control over the car but no telemetry. It comes right back as soon as the car is back in "range".

Anyone ever see this before?

Normal for some Receivers and Radio's to do this. Data is transmitted on an altered frequency and needs closer range to receive data. It will be available when you bring the rig in closer.
Depends on the radio you have. You did not state which.
What radio and Rx are you running and what telem. data is it setup for?
Is it on an X-bus circuit?

My NB4 and Radiolink never lost data range either.
But I have heard of this happening before. At distance, some Radio/Rx's give the signal priority to the Throttle and Steering signal. Intentionally dropping the data only at distance. ( Surface Radio's)
It could also just be a bad Rx antenna layout?:unsure:

Normal for some Receivers and Radio's to do this. Data is transmitted on an altered frequency and needs closer range to receive data. It will be available when you bring the rig in closer.
Depends on the radio you have. You did not state which.
What radio and Rx are you running and what telem. data is it setup for?
Is it on an X-bus circuit?
DX5C and SR215

I will have to try it with my Kraton and the 315 I have

Well, turns out my receiver antenna wire is damaged. I'm gonna put it in my slash I'm selling and get a better receiver for my kraton and throw the 315 in the Typhon.

See, just like in real life, the baby of the family gets all the hand-me-downs.

^^^ totally agree... rx damaged like that is still good for the small on-road cars like the Kyosho, MST drifters, Tamiya, Vaterra, or crawlers where short-range is all that's needed.

If you breach the outer coaxial ground lead it might be salvageable. But, if you cut the Inner Wire, the actual antenna itself , it is bricked unfortunately. Soldering it will just alter the signal's attenuation for the worse. Loss of range results, regardless.
Some Rx's can be repaired with generic whole Coax antenna replacements that are available. Staying with same length or close to the original. Some are soldered onto the Rx's PCB ( delicate soldering surgery) and others are plugged onto the PCB.
:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back