Vorteks Spektrum telemetry stanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I just bought the vortex and this is the second Arrma I have bought with the same issue. Not a giant deal but I did pay more and buy the speltrum batteries. The da$& indicating lights on the remote that are supposed to tell you when your lipo is getting low do not work! Anyone know how to get this fixed?

You are not alone. HH has offered to replace the radio as a cause. But HH and Spektrum has no clue why these glitches are there with so many of these. Poor design and QC, lets face it.
It Stanks for sure.
Just part of the whole $Smart Eco$ thing. Getting the Smart ipos, charger and all. In the end it just all Stanks.:LOL:
HH/Spektrum/Arrma, Thanks for the Stank. (n)

I never bought into the Spektrum Stank, just as the Traxxas ID Stank. JS

I believe I had the same issue. I bought a Vorteks and Spektrum 2S battery from Amain in July. And I was disappointed for the same reason. I ended up with 2 bad copies of the 2S (SPMX52S100H5) Smart G2 100C 5000mAh hardcase with IC5. (The 3S version I bought works swell.) No battery charge info on the transmitter isn’t the end of the world, but I’d like the system to work as promised. Amain was great at trying to help. Even sent me a second battery. But the second pack was messed up, too. I ended up navigating the Horizon Hobby warranty process. Got 2 replacement 2S batteries in November from Horizon. The whole process took a few months and more than a few emails. I’m dealing with a fried Spektrum motor in the Vorteks now. I dig the truck—blast to drive and fun to work on. But I’ve spent too much time chasing problems that appear tied to overall poor quality.

^^^ @dt_hawk
You are not alone. I just don't think HH has a grip on the QC. Was always short here and there. These days you get lemons more often.
HH can only throw at you what they "think" will solve the issue with Smart gear. They are just guessing. The radio may even be at fault, not the Lipos. Who is to truly know. Could be more than one faulty component. The Smart Eco thing is so embedded throughout the Lipos( with intenal chips) the ESC, and the Smart radio/Rx. Interoperability fails among these components. I will go on a limb and say since each of these components are mfr by different OE's, there is a lack of cohesive integration. On paper, Smart appears to be the best thing since sliced bread, and marketted this way. Unfortunately it's a costly fail in many cases with Smart Gear. I would keep calling HH, until you get every Smart component replaced and all works as advertised if you are so inclined and $invested$ already. Or just upgrade to a proven, feature rich, radio set with a Telemetry capable Rx.
Just me.
:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back