Spektrum TM1500 Not Compatible with Telem Receivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott_in_FL

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
My quest has been to get a motor temp sensor into the telemetry setup that I currently have in my Kraton EXB.

Running a DX5 Rugged with an SR515 receiver, Firma 150a Smart ESC, Spektrum Smart batteries. The SR515 has the latest updated firmware. That alone gives you all of the Smart ESC telemetry for the following:

ESC temp
RPM/Speed
Batt Volts
Etc.

What it does not give you is motor temp. For that, you need a sensor wire that wraps around the motor (SPMA9571), which then plugs into a separate telemetry module, the current model of which is the TM1500.

Once plugged into the TM1500, you then need to plug the TM1500 into the SR515.

The problem is that the TM1500 and the SR515 seem to conflict with one another. Without the TM1500 plugged in, you get all of the Smart ESC data. But as soon as you plug in the TM1500, you lose the info off the Tx screen. Unplug it, and it all comes back.

So, we know there is some incompatibility issue between the two devices going on.

I will say that one weird thing is that you get a "bind failed" message when you place both into bind mode and try to bind them. It's weird because they both go from blinking lights to steady lights and the RC definitely operates. So we know that something has bound, maybe even both have bound. But again, there does not seem to be a way to have both devices working at the same time.

Has anyone else been here, done that?

If we're all seeing this problem, then I'll have to call Spektrum/HH to see what they have to say.

If you get a receiver with an XBUS port like the SR6100AT you can use the SPMA95870 for telemetry. It’s plug and play very easy to use.
The SPMA95870 is just a GPS sensor. I'm trying to get motor temps with the motor temp sensor. It can only plug into a temp sensor port on a telemetry device like TM1000 or TM1500 asfaik.

I recently upgraded my stock Mojave BLX v2 with the DX5C transmitter and SR6100AT receiver and I added the SPMA95870 GPS Sensor. I'm able to see all telemetry on the transmitter, including GPS speed, temps, rpms, smart battery info. I'm surprised it works, but it does work nicely apparently.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back