Kraton Spektrums Electronics Arrma Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjeff34

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So why do the Spektrum ESC’s suck so bad. Should of went to a Max6 a long time ago. First my power button malfunctioned, then the new one Horizon sent me, the heat sink on the ESC itself came off. I truly have had no luck at all with the Spektrum brand which I actually had a lot of respect for until now. Ohhhhh btw my Spektrum motor had the back fall off as well. I had to threadlocm it back on. Ugh. Nothing but problems out of the Arrma Kraton v5’s Electronics. Should of gotten an EXB

Well Id love to join in on the Spektrum bashing lol. I don't like them in the world of Radios tx/rx, but so far their motor and esc in the arrma series has been good.

-A power button isnt a fluke necessarily. But dang man what are you doing to that poor thing lol

-Backplate falling off. Ahhh lol definitely a fluke.

-An esc heatsink falling off. Ahhh lol also a fluke.

Sorry for the troubles but by no means is that a spektrum thing lol. That kind of stuff doesn't just happen. Extremely rare. You shouldnt have anymore issues lol.

Weird. Im using V5 electronics in my EXB and have had no issues with the Firma equipment.
I don't personally have any. But I know a few people very well that do. And on my local track a ton of people have them with no issues like this lol. Heatsinks falling off and rear motor plates falling off. lol seems like the truck has been dropped off a building lol

To the OP once you get them warrantied im sure youll be fine.

I don't personally have any. But I know a few people very well that do. And on my local track a ton of people have them with no issues like this lol. Heatsinks falling off and rear motor plates falling off. lol seems like the truck has been dropped off a building lol

To the OP once you get them warrantied im sure youll be fine.
Yea. Sounds like it was ran in a crash up derby. Person with the most parts still on in the end wins!! ;)

Oh no. I baby my Kraton, I run very conservative timing, I do not run the “speed pinion”, I have 3s 500mah 50c battery’s so to me that’s a conservative 3s battery as well, I will say I haven’t had the differential issues. And besides my electronics issues nothing on the rig has broke, The highest I’ve jumped my truck is maybe about 13ft to flat soft grass. I truly hate to bash Spektrum bc I’ve ran there recovers in literally every rig I’ve owned, and I still use my DX4C, it’s lasted years. So when I got my truck I was very excited that the electronics were Spektrum. I’ve watched several videos of other guys jumping there house of doing triple back flips 30 feet in the air, which I could never do to my baby. So yeah guess I have the fluke....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back