Spitting out dogbones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DenverOutcast

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Hey guys and Hello from the UK. I'm a noob to this forum and a noob to Arrma products. I have to say how impressed I am with the Arrma Outcast I have recently purchased and how tough they have made these things. However, there is an issue. I have the V4 Outcast and my friend has the V4 Kraton and the Kraton has developed a tendency to throw out a front dogbone. This is normally under hard braking or a hard turn.

My question is this. What is in place on the V4 to prevent the lower wishbone from hitting the diff output cup when the suspension is fully compressed? I can't seem to find anything. Is the shock meant to bottom out before the wishbone comes in to contact with the cup or am I missing something?

When looking at the front of the Kraton and you fully compress one side ( lift a wheel up ) the dogbone end, inboard is almost out of the diff output cup.

Your expertise and help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi Jondilly, thanks for the response. I'm not quite sure what you mean by the spacer on the A arm

I haven't experienced that issue with te stock a-arms so it is interesting that if it's happening to you alot. I run RPM on the front and needed to do this. I also was running gpm dogbones which while thicker were a tad shorter and exacerbated the problem.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/rpm-and-popping-dog-bones.12070/
Thanks again Lazy. Just read the link you provided.

As I said, I have the outcast (stock A arms ) and don't have an issue. My friend has the V4 Kraton ( stock A arms ) and is have the dogbone problem. We will try with the spacers removed and see how we get on.

I have already purchased a set of RPM arms, for when the stock ones break and I will have to see how they perform. Thanks for all your help.

Have you thought of doing that the other way around ie replace the stock now with the RPM's and then use them as a backup? Just because the RPM's do take more punishment. 6 of one really

Maybe he has more run time on his and the arms are stretched out a bit at the hinge pins allowing for more articulation. The upper arms on the front of the entire 6S lineup have the hinge pin holes so close to one another than it puts a lot of strain on them, then they stretch/wear/egg out and you end up with a lot more slop than when new after a relatively short while.

I notice it a lot on my outcast with RPM arms. Instead of replacing the arms, I removed the pivot ball shims and shaved about 1mm off the end of the arms. Been fine since. Oddly though, the issue was on the left front (if the truck is pointing away from you) and I never had an issue with the right front.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back