Split Planetary gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex.tali.1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Has this ever happened to anybody i heard about the pins breaking but this to my surprise has never happened or i never seen anything like it so running 6s i lost front wheel drive power i thought my set screw came loose but further investigation lead me to find this Look at pix

Attachments

• 1480229456916-799412470.jpg
    1480229456916-799412470.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 74
  • 1480229491002-165614812.jpg
    1480229491002-165614812.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 65
Has this ever happened to anybody i heard about the pins breaking but this to my surprise has never happened or i never seen anything like it so running 6s i lost front wheel drive power i thought my set screw came loose but further investigation lead me to find this Look at pix
Alex you're not alone. I believe I had watched member Thomas P video series on bulletproofing the diff for ideas. I ordered replacement diff gear set AR310436 and TD310475. I added 1 planetary shim behind each gear, and added 1 satellite gear behind 2 of 4 satellite gears(total of 6 satellite shims, that's including the 4 that came in diff). Not tight/not loose, just right now. Again this was for Typhon, diffs may use same gears across brand. Good luck, check out video.

Twice happened....second time was on first run after first diff repair with all new diff gears but after bulletproofing the diff as in the video ive had no problems whatsoever....do it :)

And it was always the bottom gear breaking too...used shims size 5x15x0.3mm and its still running perfect. Oh i put some heavier oil too.

Last edited:
Yea luckily i had a spare from the diff's i replaced im running kraton rear with typhon fromt it seems to be a good combo it just happened bcuz of 6s and thanks for the parts numbers really appreciate it i was looking into getting that xxx475 shims weird to me it was to the front that i lost power w

This happened in my senton last week after running 6s at the track for a few minutes. LHS owner said he'd never seen it happen before.

Yea luckily i had a spare from the diff's i replaced im running kraton rear with typhon fromt it seems to be a good combo it just happened bcuz of 6s and thanks for the parts numbers really appreciate it i was looking into getting that xxx475 shims weird to me it was to the front that i lost power w

You're running a typhon diff in the front and a Kraton diff in the rear?
They are different gear ratios, are you referring to the ring and pinion as well?

You're running a typhon diff in the front and a Kraton diff in the rear?
They are different gear ratios, are you referring to the ring and pinion as well?
Yes everything i just ordered a typhon front and kraton rear from fleabay and dropped them in i kno the kraton is 43/10 i think and the typhon is 43/13 something like that just wanted to try something different since kraton and talion is spiral gear and senton and typhon is straight wanted to see if there was a durability difference and my bearing that holds the input gear to the rear went out ao now rear diff r.i.p and front running strong so idk

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back