Spool and pinion gear size.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 8s
  2. Typhon 6s
Ok I have a stretched typhon gt conversion build. It has a mojave chassis scorched spool and drive shaft whit loktek motor mount. I have the xlx 2 esc and 2028 1700kv motor. What size gear should I go with for spool. I don't have a top speed in mind but I'd like to get upwards of 150 eventually.

Im 34/34 spool on 8s 1650 🤣still trying to control it on 4s with smc 7200 lipo with grp or hoons tires
Nice, I already have one 34 pinion just need one more. Definitely gonna have the same problem you have with controlling it. An outcast 8s is the only rc I have right now and haven't had it long so my top speed is probably 50 or 60 mph. Gonna start off slow on rubber tires till I get comfortable then when I start getting 120+ im gonna try and find cheap foam tires and learn to drive on them till im comfortable then ramp up the speeds. I have sum supposed to be good foam tires but don't wanna use them till I know what im doin

20230128_160603.jpg
well 32 34 won't reach gonna get a 34 and a few other gears to try till i find something that does fit.

Yes to both, maybe a 34 34 will work but gonna start with a higher tooth gear till I learn how to control the car
It’s been a while. Since I had a rotolock. But that doesn’t seem right. But with my PPS I’m able to use 27t with a 34t so I’m wondering if it’s being adjusted right. I’m not doubting you at all. So don’t take any offense. I’m just trying to wrap my head around it 🤞

It’s been a while. Since I had a rotolock. But that doesn’t seem right. But with my PPS I’m able to use 27t with a 34t so I’m wondering if it’s being adjusted right. I’m not doubting you at all. So don’t take any offense. I’m just trying to wrap my head around it 🤞
No offense what so ever. I have no problem admitting i don't know what im doin. Ill take better pics tomorrow to show you how I got everything
Screenshot_20230129-223502_Gallery.jpg
I zoomed in a pic

Here's a close up
20230130_204337.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back