Spool question ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Infraction, Limitless ,Typhon etc I don't really care what you've got...?

I just want to know, do you hold your spur on your spool with a grub screw or the Arrma locking pin AR310556...??

I know if you buy the 2 option spurs for the Limitless they come with a grub and a pin ?
29T ARA310950
39T ARA310951

But the stock 34T ARA310944 only comes with a grub screw..!!

So what works best..??

I just had this very discussion with @LibertyMKiii the other day because my spur keeps coming loose. The exploded parts diagram shows a single pin style grub, but the spur also came with a normal grub too. I was just using the pin style and lost one. Now I used the pin on one side and the normal grub on the other side. This forces them to tighten on each other. I also used blue TL on the first two attempts and they cane loose, so I used a small dab of red this time. I hope to get it out for a run tomorrow. Last two passes ended up me driving into the ditch due to no brakes on a runaway. Hoping I can drive it back to me this time with a decent speed record. Current PB for my Typhon 6S is unofficially 117mph but since I didn’t drive it back to me, it’s not legit. I will post when I have results.

I just assembled a spool setup this weekend for my 1/5 scale motor setup. I ordered it with the HR spring steel shaft and their 29T gear which has some extra material removed to reduce rotational weight. That HR gear only came with the pin, however with experience of their original spool that had rubber o rings holding in the pins it is clear HR does not always think things through fully.

After hearing about Jon's experience I believe ill pickup some red TL today.

It rained here this morning but the sun just came out. I’m hoping to give my spool a test run this afternoon. I don’t want to have to put it in a wet ditch if the screws back out again. I’m hoping the sun bakes off the moisture.

I tossed my stock Arrma spools in favor of spools that don't use the locking pin system. I don't like how with Arrma's system you cant adjust the position of the spur on the spool, makes it hard to adjust for motor shaft length and pinion width

I know this is an old post, but I'm a new limitless owner and keep losing grub screws out of the center spool gear.
Does anyone know the best solution to this?

I know this is an old post, but I'm a new limitless owner and keep losing grub screws out of the center spool gear.
Does anyone know the best solution to this?
I bet you have had some bearing oil or the factory oil on your grub screw in the past. It won't allow the TL to cure properly. All screws and bolts come with a thin coating of oil to prevent rust. You need to remove all oil and grease from the parts you're assembling. Best to use some alcohol or non-chlorinated brake cleaner. Obviously let them dry after a good cleaning. Then use some fresh red loctite on the grub. Get the grub snug and tight, but don't He-Man the crap out of it. Now let it cure for 24 hours at minimum.

I’ve done what Jon said, it works well but take it easy with the red loctite for sure. The Arrma screws are soft metal, I’ve had a few in there with too much red loctite and the screw will strip out when you try to remove it with good tools, sometimes even with a torch to help melt it

I always use heat / blowtorch when removing anything with loctite on it (y) saves a lot of hassle and stripped bolts, grubs etc..!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back