Spool shaft grinding.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mat60

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Typhon 6s
I need to grind a spot on my limitless spool shaft for my new gear screw to catch on. It doesn't need to be very wide or deep. Any ideas on the best tool guys.

Thats a idea. I bet it may work but I'm thinking the shaft is may not grind easy. I'm going to try something tomorrow. :)

Crap happens.
I thought I answered you, then saw it again....:giggle:

I think I better get some sleep tonight.
Don't you hate it when people Dubble post. I no I do.

Bench grinder would be my first pick. The spool shaft is going to be hardened steel so that would be the easiest.
I was just about to work on it next. If the bench grinder is easiest way that's what I'm doing. I will pick up a narrow grinding wheel tomorrow. I'm thinking I will hold the shaft with a rag and vice grips. Thanks. I been looking at the speed chart you gave me and I don't have it figured out yet but my guess is 49 spool 23 pinion and I can go up to 37 pinion with the stock mount I'm using. Thank you for all your help Sir.

Got it done. The grinding on the spool shaft went better than expected. I can see the drive shafts are needing a upgrade pretty badly. LOL. Thanks for your help guys. Oh, by the way, how did that hat get on my car. :D

I was just about to work on it next. If the bench grinder is easiest way that's what I'm doing. I will pick up a narrow grinding wheel tomorrow. I'm thinking I will hold the shaft with a rag and vice grips. Thanks. I been looking at the speed chart you gave me and I don't have it figured out yet but my guess is 49 spool 23 pinion and I can go up to 37 pinion with the stock mount I'm using. Thank you for all your help Sir.
My pleasure, as always :)
Got it done. The grinding on the spool shaft went better than expected. I can see the drive shafts are needing a upgrade pretty badly. LOL. Thanks for your help guys. Oh, by the way, how did that hat get on my car. :D
Excellent!

Yeah, the Porsche wasn't feeling the Santa hat so I went with my most recent passport photo instead.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back