Spraying chassis with flex-seal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
I've been spraying my bodies with flex seal an will continue too...only downside is extra weight,but makes them stronger & last longer...so I decided to spray this used chassis I had ..I had good amount of scraps on bottom,looks so much better,should got a before pic....also took a sharpie to it...lol ill have this thing together an running soon,will update any negative issues with spraying chassis if any come up.maybe take a pic after the first 5 bash sessions.....

1639794905026800092902987227120.jpg

16397950031481648836560125298635.jpg

Neat idea, but I think it will get scraped off pretty quickly. The bottom of an off-road R/C chassis takes a pounding; anodized aluminum is already a hard and abrasion resistant surface in comparison to most materials and it gets ravaged by rocks, dirt and concrete within just a few runs.

Neat idea, but I think it will get scraped off pretty quickly. The bottom of an off-road R/C chassis takes a pounding; anodized aluminum is already a hard and abrasion resistant surface in comparison to most materials and it gets ravaged by rocks, dirt and concrete within just a few runs.
I agree,I'll run 4,5 packs throu it next weekend an take a pic after each 1.see how strong it is.only did 1 coat....sprayed a paper plate.8 grams vs 12 grams 1 coat both sides.plate much stronger thou.

16397972160035232741007354543352.jpg

I'm the biggest redneck you know bro....guaranteed!!!!!!😅🤣
If you only seen some of the $hit I've tried
Ya I don't know man I grew up In a small mountain town and have seen some $hit let me tell ya lol. Like those pics of cars cut in half put together with another, ya seen that plenty of times🤣 or someone literally cut the whole roof off to make a convertable😂

Ya I don't know man I grew up In a small mountain town and have seen some $hit let me tell ya lol. Like those pics of cars cut in half put together with another, ya seen that plenty of times🤣 or someone literally cut the whole roof off to make a convertable😂
😆 you knew rednecks that cut roofs off??!!! Thats no redneck at all. A TRUE redneck f'n "Duke's of Hazard" that female dog. Gotta have a roof to do that.....sheesh pawn that torch or sale for a case of Milwaukee Beast!!!
😆 you knew rednecks that cut roofs off??!!! Thats no redneck at all. A TRUE redneck f'n "Duke's of Hazard" that female dog. Gotta have a roof to do that.....sheesh pawn that torch or sale for a case of Milwaukee Beast!!!
My bad edit: you knew hillbillys! Total diff animal. 😜

No matter what else happens, at least you can guarantee it won't leak! :ROFLMAO:
I'll spray whole can on it!!!😅🤣😂u just gave me an idea. I'm gonna try multiple passes with the flexseal..spray it,dry for an hr,spray it,repeat.experiment time,.,.lmfao

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back