Spreading the Word

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomis38

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Vendetta
Hey guys,

I've been making some great videos, ins and outs of rc, been in the game for 18 years. As always I don't know everything but I'd like to share what I do know and have tested.

Comment or Subscribe!!!

Have fun and do what makes you happy!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_F..._as=subscriber

awesome thanks, im really gonna hit this hard and make as much info available as possible. its nice i have fed off youtube for so long, its time for me to give back.

Welcome! I just watched your how to clean rc video, do you leave the WD40 on the whole thing or do you wipe it off? Does it attract dirt if you don’t wipe it off?

You should wipe it off as leaving it on can cause some plastic parts to become brittle after time if you let it soak in from what I understand. Just what I've read and also been told from a few reliable sources at my local tracks.

awesome thanks, im really gonna hit this hard and make as much info available as possible. its nice i have fed off youtube for so long, its time for me to give back.

You're already going in with a great attitude. :)

Last edited:
Nice , always up for a new YouTuber to watch ... looking forward to your channel content ... I need to get mine going again

Hey guys,

I've been making some great videos, ins and outs of rc, been in the game for 18 years. As always I don't know everything but I'd like to share what I do know and have tested.

Comment or Subscribe!!!

Have fun and do what makes you happy!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_F..._as=subscriber

Good luck and good shows, Simon. I subbed and will be watching. Looking forward to your content and glad to see another youtube contributor in the forum here.

Awesome you guys, Thanks... And yeah as I said in the video for cleaning the rc's my preference is to finish up with an air compressor, but also i stated to use a brush and a rag if you don't have an air compressor, either works great. :)

Again thanks for all the support, It really feels good to finally be giving back to youtube after years of relying on it.

You should wipe it off as leaving it on can cause some plastic parts to become brittle after time if you let it soak in from what I understand. Just what I've read and also been told from a few reliable sources at my local tracks.

You're already going in with a great attitude. :)

I soak a microfiber towel in wd-40 and rub it in. Then I'll wrap the part in the towel and leave it 12 hours overnight or so. Then wipe it all off with a fresh new microfiber towel.
Not too much but enough to start to penetrate. This is what I find works for me but can't be exactly sure of part longevity either way. I doubt anyone really can.
The wd-40 I use is non aerosol spray and the towels are free from Harbor Freight with the coupon. If I buy something at HF without a coupon, it's rare to never. Every item can have a coupon as long as we don't use the exact same coupon twice in one checkout process. I live 2.5 miles away so I may go in the place twice in a day and use a 20% off and a get free thing both times. The checkout girl thinks I'm a cheap ass but whatever...lol. I've even bought some CA glue for $1 and used a coupon for a free thing. I also buy their blue threadlock and it works. Haven't tried the red threadlock they offer yet.

I soak a microfiber towel in wd-40 and rub it in. Then I'll wrap the part in the towel and leave it 12 hours overnight or so. Then wipe it all off with a fresh new microfiber towel.
Not too much but enough to start to penetrate. .

You don't want it to penetrate. It's petroleum based and will make the plastic brittle over time. If you want it to make the parts more flexible use something like MO94 (Muck Off) as it's not petroleum based. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back