Senton Spring selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bartez

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
So after mounting my heavy 6s brick in the Senton the standard springs are much too soft even on max preload.
Under heavy braking I am always scraping on the front and a little on the rear while accelerating hard.
I have ordered replacement springs from Tekno from forum suggestions

TKR8767 – LF Shock Spring Set (front, ORANGE, 1.6×9.0, 4.91lb/in, 75mm)
TKR8773 – LF Shock Spring Set (rear, ORANGE, 1.6×14.5, 2.75lb/in, 85mm)

The orange rear shocks are 100% perfect with medium / high preload, however the orange front are much too stiff and don't give much in the way for droop extension.
So I decided to order more springs this time I went 2 levels lighter and ordered the greens for the front and thought I may aswell get some heavier springs for the rear for some big air.

TKR8765 – LF Shock Spring Set (front, GREEN, 1.6×10.3, 4.14lb/in, 75mm)
TKR8775 – LF Shock Spring Set (rear, BLUE, 1.6×13.0, 3.13lb/in, 85mm)

The green fronts are much better, preload is set right in the middle and the car sits perfectly and now I have way more adjust ability depending on terrain and the required ride height.

In terms of ride quality the low frequency springs are far superior to the default standard that come with the Senton. There is tons more grip and control while on very rough terrain where the suspension is working hard and response is much better. It actually turns under braking without understeering.

For comparison to stock I have two Sentons, one is fully stock but with maxed preload on all springs and the other is custom. Side by side they still feel much the same for compression rate but now I have way more flexibility when it comes to adjustment depending on terrain and performance is far better.

If your upgrading definitely start with the orange for the rears and green/yellow for the fronts. In the future I would possibly try the durango desc10 stiffer springs for the front to see if they improve stiffness while still having good droop. I would also like to say that the 75mm springs have too much travel in them before they get stiff for the front, so anything sub 75 is probably a better choice. Knowing what i know now I would go for stiffer durango front springs.

Hey buddy - nice write up.

I'm upgrading my springs for my Senton.

Just to confirm, you recommend:

Rear
TKR8773 – LF Shock Spring Set (rear, ORANGE, 1.6×14.5, 2.75lb/in, 85mm)

Front

This is the best setup in your opinion?

no I recommend these pair

These had the best balance and most adjustability, for use with a heavy battery but should adjust well for a lighter 4s battery.

Watch both the videos you can see green paint around the front spring and blue paint around the rear.

Handling is much better with low frequency (better for track and racing) these springs are predictable and more responsive.

If you want progressive (better for bigger impacts) look into the durango springs.

Last edited:
This is some really good info.

I am currently racing a Senton on 2s with a brushless 550 4 pole motor on an outdoor parking lot track. What springs would your recommend for a lighter 2s Senton?

Best regards,
Brian

no I recommend these pair

These had the best balance and most adjustability, for use with a heavy battery but should adjust well for a lighter 4s battery.

Watch both the videos you can see green paint around the front spring and blue paint around the rear.

Handling is much better with low frequency (better for track and racing) these springs are predictable and more responsive.

If you want progressive (better for bigger impacts) look into the durango springs.

Thanks for getting back to me - I will go with your recommendations as you've obviously put a lot of thought and research into your selections.

As for shock oils, what do you use?

And have you modded the shocks in any other way - aka this - ?

Thanks for getting back to me - I will go with your recommendations as you've obviously put a lot of thought and research into your selections.

As for shock oils, what do you use?

And have you modded the shocks in any other way - aka this - ?

no not modded the shocks I'm not jumping any higher than 1 meter I'd put a tower brace in first, last time I did a 2-3 meter ramp I bent my front shock tower but shocks where fine.

Oils I use 70wt front and 50wt rear, the front responds quickly and the rear is a little slow but helps alot with controlling power.

I am currently racing a Senton on 2s with a brushless 550 4 pole motor on an outdoor parking lot track. What springs would your recommend for a lighter 2s Senton?

for 2s I would probably go slightly lighter compression than stock depend on battery capacity and weight
Low frequency springs
Front I would try TKR8762 or TKR8763
Rear I would try TKR8772
However I am guessing with these recommendations as I've never run lighter than 6s
If you run a pretty smooth car park with little undulation perhaps a progressive spring would be better

Thanks again for the reply :) I've got 60w and 47.5w oils, as the book recommends. I'll get your spring suggestions and see how it performs with the 60/47.5 combo, and likely match your oils in the near future.

Out of interest, how many packs do you put through between shock oil service?

Thanks again for the reply :) I've got 60w and 47.5w oils, as the book recommends. I'll get your spring suggestions and see how it performs with the 60/47.5 combo, and likely match your oils in the near future.

Out of interest, how many packs do you put through between shock oil service?

Think you could do about 20 packs probably more, for myself I wouldn't sevice them unless the seals where leaking or shocks not operating properly or unless I feel like stripping the car for a clean up and rebuild.

Bartez,

I am running 6S too. Brand new Senton.

Do you still have a desire to try shorter springs up front? I am running the stiffest Durango springs that are available in the stock sizing of front 70mm @ 4.76 lb/in and rear 84mm @ 3.7 lb/in. For some reason, Tower calls the fronts I got "soft" and the rears "medium". Very strange.

Anyway, they still seem too soft. the truck has trouble returning to its set ride height. And it bottoms out very easily up front. I can't understand why the suspension on these trucks is SO soft out of the box.

The LF springs you are discussing in here are even softer than what I'm running. I am curious if you ended up making yet another change from the LF green/yellow fronts and LF orange rears. Honestly I haven't seen people talking about the LF springs and the Senton. Everywhere I go on the web it's the regular TEKNO 80mm orange front/90mm orange rear. I did order the regular (not LF) 80mm orange fronts but I have a feeling they will be too long, but I can't be sure - this truck is very heavy with 6S.

EDIT: the 80s were definitely too long and too stiff. not sure how people are recommending these.

Last edited:
the tekno LF springs seem to rub the shock bodies if you don't have the spring cups/perch in the the right position. is there bigger diameter springs or better spring cups for the arrma 6s shocks? i have the 6s shocks on a senton 3s blx and wanting to run 2s and 3s on a race track so the stock springs are too stiff.

the tekno LF springs seem to rub the shock bodies if you don't have the spring cups/perch in the the right position. is there bigger diameter springs or better spring cups for the arrma 6s shocks? i have the 6s shocks on a senton 3s blx and wanting to run 2s and 3s on a race track so the stock springs are too stiff.
anyone?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back