SPT Servos quest for good cheap servos...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbobjr

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
While looking for the cheapest servos on the planet I came across SPT. I bought their 70gr 1/5 servo for my k8s. Believe it or not it’s the only thing about that truck that doesn’t give me problems. Strong, still works and very little play.

So I just put my last amazon servo in my TRX4 Sport built and needed to buy a couple servos to have on hand. I remembered the one in my k8s and thought I’d see what spt makes in standard sized servos. I found they make (or rebrand...) a ton of them. I bought two of these for 13$ each from Banggood. It was one of their flashsales so I think the regular price is 16$.

Going to put one in the Kraton and see how it goes. I think at that speed even at 6 volts will be quicker than my JX I have in there at 7.4. Spt also has other torque, speed, voltage and sized servos all on bg. For the record they got this to me in two weeks. That’s better than tower hobbies lately...

I’ll stop back here and report how this works out.
Here’s their website. http://www.spt-servo.com/

3D16E13F-62D9-49B9-B968-71EA2678C152.jpeg

E806F4B1-E2F2-4029-B855-0647F6D3D563.jpeg

While looking for the cheapest servos on the planet I came across SPT. I bought their 70gr 1/5 servo for my k8s. Believe it or not it’s the only thing about that truck that doesn’t give me problems. Strong, still works and very little play.

So I just put my last amazon servo in my TRX4 Sport built and needed to buy a couple servos to have on hand. I remembered the one in my k8s and thought I’d see what spt makes in standard sized servos. I found they make (or rebrand...) a ton of them. I bought two of these for 13$ each from Banggood. It was one of their flashsales so I think the regular price is 16$.

Going to put one in the Kraton and see how it goes. I think at that speed even at 6 volts will be quicker than my JX I have in there at 7.4. Spt also has other torque, speed, voltage and sized servos all on bg. For the record they got this to me in two weeks. That’s better than tower hobbies lately...

I’ll stop back here and report how this works out.
Here’s their website. http://www.spt-servo.com/

View attachment 141289

View attachment 141290
Yeah honestly the bashers don't need a $200 + dollar servo IMHO. I did spend $450 on the XLX2 and motor combo for my K8S and O8S but that is a different story. Money well spent. My $50 Raminator servos have been fabulous. Keep us posted 👍

Just a quick update. I’m really liking the power of this servo. It’s been in my heavy weight k6s for a couple months now. Not as fast on the bench as the jx coreless it replaced but that is not noticeable while driving. I’m also over volting it at 7.4 volts. Not bad for a 14$ servo...might be my new favorite cheapo...

Forgot about this thread. I found something on aliexpress that I'd been looking for for a long time, compact 1->3 port servo splitter. I bought 8 or 10 of them for like $12 and threw in one of these servos as well to make the order more worth my while. It wasn't $14 though, was $27 with shipping included.

I did a bench test with it on a receiver with a 6V NiMH pack with a hobbystar hcs-4521 run off the same splitter. I run the hobbystar in both my kraton and outcast. It's a decent servo for $35 when on sale at rcjuice. It seems quicker than the hobbystar and when I hold the horn, also has a bit more torque. It's a fairly quiet servo as well, doesn't overshoot the end point when whipping lock to lock and returns to center really well. It also holds fast regardless where you are in the rotation (unlike the blue 25kg servo I got off amazon).

I haven't taken it apart yet to see how the grease is applied or to check the board to see if it's conformal coated or has mastic to keep wires from vibrating/work hardening. I might put it in my typhon... or just leave it in the drawer until I need a servo for something.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back