Kraton Spun the Foam in my dBoots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cordell12

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Yesterday while out bashing I heard the tire hitting the body of some of the faster turns. I didnt think much of it as my battery was getting low. Today I thought I would charge up a battery and see if I could figure out what the deal with the noise was. It seems the foam located inside the tire was spun, making my tire lopsided. There are actually 2 of them this way. I've only ran the kraton 4 times now, for a total of 8 batteries worth. Is this the norm, or the foam was rotted out due to the Kraton being a V1? I got the Kraton used, but it was virtually brand new and upgraded. The chassis didnt have a scratch on the bottom, not a spec of dirt, looked like it was just pulled from the box, besides the savax servo, castle X esc and 1515 motor. She fly's on 4S can only imagine what a 6S will do! Any thoughts on the tires, if I need to order I wanna do it fast so I can bash this weekend LOL.

Further investiogation...The 2 that balloned the most are fricking water logged bad. Like I squeezed the tire and water came out the hole, like a russian racehorse! also found a tear in one of my tires. So I squeezed out what I could. One tire feels like it has no foam in 2 places, exactly opposite from eachother.

I would say to drill some vent holes in the tires and plug up the holes in the rim. In the link below they go through how to add the holes in the tires. That should get rid of the water. If the foam is missing, then you will need to unmount the tire from the rim or just get new rims and tires.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/minimizing-ballooning-taping-or-fishing-line.3012/#post-29824

Thanks for the info. the holes on the outside make sense, as they would throw the water out instead of it staying inside.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back