Spur gear arrma granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm freaking out cause my local hobby shop ordered me a 0.8 mod spur gear and I have the ol mega slipper clutch he said it would fit so idk he said it's made by arrma so I'm freaking out but he said it would fit
Then you will be upgrading all the related parts to 3s/4s spec. You stated it was a Mega. That means it was Brushed. ( Mega= /means Brushed motor)
Now it is not. 🤷‍♂️
Costly, but can be done.
I'm freaking out

Last edited:
What do I dooooo I have a arrma granite 4x4 mega that i upgraded to a 3s and i contacted my local hobby shop and he ordered me a 0.8 mod spur gear but i have the mega slipper clutch he said it would fit but I'm starting to doubt him I'm freaking out some one help

You need to check the parts diagram of all the 3s rigs. What you are doing takes time and patience. You also need the Arrma parts cross reference list in hand to see what 4x4 parts work with what. (Arrma-Rc.com)
I am not the expert with 4x4's, but from what I see, simply converting to a 3s drivetrain to handle BLX power is more than just a spur gear etc. Slipper is different etc. Best to buy whole parts assy's from JennysRC to get complete parts sets. Cheaper also.

I agree but it is low man on the totem pole. Exactly why the mega's are affordable.
I enjoyed building my Typhon Mega up, that's the very reason I bought it.

I found it so dumb that they cand make. A 0.8 mod for the mega I mean how hard could it be
What is dumb is the way the OEMs bundle some of the parts.
On the 6s models they use little spacers to set the caster on the front upper a arms. Can you buy just those 6 little spacers? No you either have to buy a new set of front a arms or you have to buy an entire spacer set for the Arrma Nero.
For my Ecx Ruckus I can't buy just the wheel hexes I have to buy the suspension mount set https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...ount-set-1-10-2wd-ruckus-torment/ECX2006.html What in the hell am I doing to my rc car that I need to replace the suspension mounts at the same time as the wheel hexes 🤷‍♂️ 🤔

I agree but it is low man on the totem pole. Exactly why the mega's are affordable.
I enjoyed building my Typhon Mega up, that's the very reason I bought it.
Agreed. I learned so much converting my mega to brushless and beyond! Wrenching and learning is more than half the hobby🙂

Agreed. I learned so much converting my mega to brushless and beyond! Wrenching and learning is more than half the hobby🙂
my locl hobby shop guy said the 0.8 mod spur would fit though

my locl hobby shop guy said the 0.8 mod spur would fit though
Comparing the exploded diagrams I would feel a lot safer with the BLX slipper in there.

BLX
1231243tergd.jpg

Mega
2134qwrfdsegv.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back