Spur gear arrma granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is dumb is the way the OEMs bundle some of the parts.
On the 6s models they use little spacers to set the caster on the front upper a arms. Can you buy just those 6 little spacers? No you either have to buy a new set of front a arms or you have to buy an entire spacer set for the Arrma Nero.
For my Ecx Ruckus I can't buy just the wheel hexes I have to buy the suspension mount set https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...ount-set-1-10-2wd-ruckus-torment/ECX2006.html What in the hell am I doing to my rc car that I need to replace the suspension mounts at the same time as the wheel hexes 🤷‍♂️ 🤔
OEMS design a rig for their bottom line. The kit is one aspect, Parts another. Parts support are carefully calculated into their business model. After sale support is such that parts are bundled in keeping with that bottom line. Parts are where the profit is. The kit it self is more like the teaser, appearing inexpensive and all. Once you are sucked in they got you. Not all OEMs are like this. Largely RTR's. Usually not higher end kit cars. But kits come with their own built in bottom line. Some brands better than others.
Lets face it, we are all suckers for this hobby. Its just fun. And with that comes some of the nonsense.
I could never figure out why an Arrma Senton 6s rear body Lexan spoiler costs $20. When an Infraction rear Lexan body spoiler costs half $.
Makes no sense. It's about how the OE controls their after sale bottom line. Just me. 🤷‍♂️

Arrma BIG ROCK 4x4 3s BLX - SPUR Gear, HD 57t Slipper Clutch Assembly – Jennys RC LLC
The above is for comparison. It should fit. Claims to fit.
But it says right there diffrent spur than arrma granite
It says right there diffrent spur than granite

Screenshot_20210304-070711_Chrome.jpg

My local rc guy said that he ordered me a 0.8 mod spur but I have the mega slipper clutch he said it would fit do you guys agree or disagree

HD 57T SLIPPER SET (0.8Mod) (ARA311034) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

This is what the Granite 3s shows in the standard parts list at Arrma-RC.com for your Granite 3s 4x4.
Arrma states this part to fit ( cross-over to) 11 of the 4x4 rigs. Including Senton and BR and even the Mega line.
What is different about the Spur?? it is 57T and .08 modulus.???
I get what you are saying and all. JennysRC is not always correct??? Not sure about this one. Conflicting info and all.
BTW, if you get it from Arrma( in stock BTW, similar price) it is the same part number. (ARA311034)

Check the link above and scroll all the way down to see all the 4x4 rigs it fits. 🤷‍♂️
Tell me what you think.
I do see that the Red alloy spline part is not included with the Arrma retail part. FWIW.
That Ebay store is a kit breaker IMO. States no retail packaging included . And includes the Red Drive spline, shaft just like JennysRC. FWIW.

HD 57T SLIPPER SET (0.8Mod) (ARA311034) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

This is what the Granite 3s shows in the standard parts list at Arrma-RC.com for your Granite 3s 4x4.
Arrma states this part to fit ( cross-over to) 11 of the 4x4 rigs. Including Senton and BR and even the Mega line.
I get what you are saying and all. JennysRC is not always correct??? Not sure about this one. Conflicting info and all.
BTW, if you get it from Arrma( in stock BTW, similar price) it is the same part number. (ARA311034)

Check the link above and scroll all the way down to see all the 4x4 rigs it fits. 🤷‍♂️
Tell me what you think.
I do see that the Red alloy spline part is not included with the Arrma retail part. FWIW.
That Ebay store is a kit breaker IMO. States no retail packaging included . And includes the Red Drive spline, shaft just like JennysRC. FWIW.
what do you mean breaker

Tell me what you think.
and will a 0.8 mod spur gear fit in the meg slipper assembly

Kit breakers are RC businesses that just buy whole New kits and disassemble them and sell the parts. Brand new parts out of a whole RTR kit. Just usually no warranty. But are brand new. Doesn't meant Arrma wont warranty it if you have a receipt for your rig. 🤷‍♂️ If concerned about that. KB's are convenient and cheaper for many Hobbyists. When retail parts are on B/O, kit breakers will have the parts much of the time. JennysRC is a kit breaker.
If buying the whole 3S slipper assembly, it wouldn't really matter if the 3s Spur will fit a Mega slipper. But there may be a difference with Mega slipper pads fitting into a 3s spur. 3S slipper pads are more robust for 3s Power compared to the Mega. Another AF member stated this. You are upgrading the whole assembly anyway? What is your objective. You have upgraded a Mega to a 3s rig? Correct?
Hopefully another member will chime in to confirm. :cool:

Last edited:
My local rc guy said that he ordered me a 0.8 mod spur but I have the mega slipper clutch he said it would fit do you guys agree or disagree

Nope.

just go look at the interactive exploded views on the Arrma website and you’ll see all the differences between the Mega slipper and the 3S slipper

So alls I'd need is that little red thing cause I can buy the jole assembly of Jenny's rc for 43 bucks and has the red thing
Yes sir. I thought the one on Jennys came with the red thing?

Nope.

just go look at the interactive exploded views on the Arrma website and you’ll see all the differences between the Mega slipper and the 3S slipper
but how do u know it wont fit is it a diffrent thing what the diffrence

so this part

ARA311034 has both sides a hole none of the sides have a shaft coming out for the drive shaft how does this work do u need to buy something else so it works​

but how do u know it wont fit is it a diffrent thing what the diffrence

Here's what a Mega slipper assembly looks like:

Mega_Slipper.jpg

Here's what a 3S slipper assembly looks like:
3S_Slipper.jpg

First big difference is that the Mega spur gear is 48 pitch while the 3S spur is 0.8 MOD

Then you can see all the differences between the components (shaft, friction discs, etc.) from the MEGA vs the 3S line.

They are totally different beasts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back