Spur gear arrma granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what a Mega slipper assembly looks like:

View attachment 130098

Here's what a 3S slipper assembly looks like:
View attachment 130097

First big difference is that the Mega spur gear is 48 pitch while the 3S spur is 0.8 MOD

Then you can see all the differences between the components (shaft, friction discs, etc.) from the MEGA vs the 3S line.

They are totally different beasts.
im so stressed i need something by spring break and its a spur gear and the guy at my hobby shop ordered me a 0.8 mod spur gear and he said its gonna fit in the arrma mega assmbly but everyone on this app is telling me that its diffrent and it wont fit and i should buy the one of jennys rc what do i di im freaking out plz help
he said it would fit but now im not sure

just ordered the granite 0.8 mod spur assembly from jennys rc will it fit in the mega and does it come with a metal spur gear

just ordered the granite 0.8 mod spur assembly from jennys rc will it fit in the mega and does it come with a metal spur gear
Yes it will fit the Granite Mega and no only the 4s slipper assembly comes with a metal spur.

Are you buying a spur gear or a slipper assembly? Those are two different things. You can put a 3S slipper assembly in a mega but you will need to change the pinion from 48P to 0.8 MOD.

is your Mega a V3? If not you may need to change out the input gear if you are ordering a V3 slipper assembly.

All “3S” slipper assemblies from Jenny’s come with a plastic spur. You would need a “4S” slipper assembly to get a metal spur

Since you have a V2 your input will probably be too long for a V3 slipper assembly. You can probably take the nut out the back. But since you have a V2 you don’t have the same input/crown gear as the 3s cars (that was new for the V3 mega) so it’s a bit messier to go with 3S gearing.

Why are you doing this? And what are you hoping to accomplish?

Since you have a V2 your input will probably be too long for a V3 slipper assembly. You can probably take the nut out the back. But since you have a V2 you don’t have the same input/crown gear as the 3s cars (that was new for the V3 mega) so it’s a bit messier to go with 3S gearing.

are you sure i need a new in put ive never opened it so kinda scare and im just trying to run it befor march 19 it need to run and are you sure i need a new in put
are you sure i need a new in put ive never opened it so kinda scare and im just trying to run it befor march 19 it need to run and are you sure i need a new in put
how hard is it to open it up and switch

i feel so stuck with my car rn just upgraded to 3s i need a new slipper assembly and now i nedd a new input so much i feel stuck

Last edited:

how hard is it to open it up and switch

i feel so stuck with my car rn just upgraded to 3s i need a new slipper assembly and now i nedd a new input so much i feel stuck
Plz help

Does the arrma granite slipper assembly from RC have a plastic or metal spur gear

Plastic Spur. Metal spur is the upgrade.

@JoeLauber firstly calm down dude. You've flooded the forum and you have had some good advice which you need to read and digest. Salient points, working on the basis you have a v2 mega which hasn't been confirmed so far as I can see:

1) stock 3s slipper assembly comes with a plastic spur;
2) stock 3s slipper assembly will drop straight in to a mega BUT you will almost certainly also need part ar310881
3) the v2 mega pinion and spur had different gear pitches to the 3s line. You will probably also need a new 0.8mod pinion.

But mostly, chill your boots, and read the good advice you are being given. Experienced people are trying to help you and giving their own free time.

@JoeLauber firstly calm down dude. You've flooded the forum and you have had some good advice which you need to read and digest. Salient points, working on the basis you have a v2 mega which hasn't been confirmed so far as I can see:

1) stock 3s slipper assembly comes with a plastic spur;
2) stock 3s slipper assembly will drop straight in to a mega BUT you will almost certainly also need part ar310881
3) the v2 mega pinion and spur had different gear pitches to the 3s line. You will probably also need a new 0.8mod pinion.

But mostly, chill your boots, and read the good advice you are being given. Experienced people are trying to help you and giving their own free time.
Thanks

You have to regroup. Put it down for a day and come back to it. All the info is above. It wont go anywhere. Need to take a step back. Relax and Look at the parts diagrams. 🤷‍♂️ You are getting burned out. RC should be fun. Take a break maybe for a day. put it down for a bit.
Just me. We all go through this at times.🤷‍♂️:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back