Senton Spur Gear Issue Troubleshooting/Help Needed (SENTON 4x4 MEGA)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDPW

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
My son has been running his Senton 4x4 MEGA hard since Christmas (it was a gift). He has upgraded the brushed motor to a brushless. He recently had an issue where the spur gear seems to spin independently from the drive shaft (I hope that is the right word). So the the pinion spins the spur gear but the spur gear won't spin the shaft so no power is getting to the differentials?

He had the spur gear and the gear box/motor mount apart when I got home and I tried to help him with it but we couldn't get the two parts to spin together when we put it back together? Any thoughts? I am probably going to order a new spur gear but wanted to check here to see if you all had some ideas before I do that.

Any good thread for understanding how the slipper and spur gear mechanism works. I am not very mechanical. Seems like the spur should not slip on the shaft but I can't figure out why it is slipping. Not sure what is wrong? when we rebuild the spur mechanism we can spin the spur and the shaft doesn't move... Spins independently?

You must have .8mod 32pitch pinion and spur gear,or mega came with 48pitch weaker gears .you probly put a blx .8mod 32 pitch pinion on a 48pitch spur.you must have1 or the other.find out what spur gear you have an buy same pitch pinion.
Misread your post...if it's a blx slipper theres a screw in the middle,probly came loose.there a nylon nut that it screws to an they can come out .mega slipper don't now

Last edited:
It does sound like the slipper is too loose. Some pictures of the spur and slipper assembly may help us understand what we're looking at here.

It does sound like the slipper is too loose. Some pictures of the spur and slipper assembly may help us understand what we're looking at here.

Thanks I will try to upload some pics tomorrow. The spur gear and assembly is all stock. The pinion is 17t. Seems like the spur gear is moving independent of the shaft that is surrounds. If tightening the slipper will help that issue that may be worth a try.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back