Typhon Spur gear ruined

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can also get the metal spur from the 4s Kraton and Outcast. The stock 3s slipper assy is the same as the 4s slipper assy the difference is one more slipper pad in front and the metal spur. Get either the Hot Racing spur (STFF257N) or the one from the 4s (ARA310945) and one more slipper pad. You don't need an adjustable motor mount but I would highly suggest getting one.

Also check your motor shaft for any left to right movement (front motor bearing). Change all the stock Arrma bearings especially anything having to deal with the drive train.

where does the extra slipper get placed in the clutch assembly?

In the front. Use the exploded view of a 4s Outcast/Kraton slipper assy for reference.
Thanks! Any recommendations on what extra hard pinion to use in combination with the HD spur? I can’t seem to find one unless I were to use an unsupported tooth size and would then also need a part number for an adjustable motor mount.

Thanks! Any recommendations on what extra hard pinion to use in combination with the HD spur? I can’t seem to find one unless I were to use an unsupported tooth size and would then also need a part number for an adjustable motor mount.

32p and 0.8mod are basically the same very little difference so you can use 32p pinions. Robinson Racing extra hard steel pinions or Hot Racing steel pinions only ones I have used with steel spurs. RRP8615 for a Robinson 15t pinion just change the last two numbers for whatever size pinion you want same with Hot Racing NSG3215 for a 15t pinion. I would think any hardened steel pinion would be good. I would suggest getting an adjustable mount anyway AR31098 for the Arrma one and ATF18M02 for the Hot Racing one.

make sure u run a extra hard pinon with that hr spur
why is that? nobody else has mentioned this yet..
Because a metal spur will end up wearing down your pinion. My pinion got totally shredded because of a different problem. But before that happened, I noticed the Arrma metal spur was wearing down the pinion.

I wouldn't stress the hardness of the pinion to much.. they all wear.. I've had extra hard Robinson pinions disappear the same as normal ones, both on the plastic spurs and metal spurs, (plastic spurs wear the pinions faster)..because of that I don't waste the extra loot on the extra hard pinions... I'd be more focused on sealing the module from debris.. that will increase pinion life a bunch..?

I wouldn't stress the hardness of the pinion to much.. they all wear.. I've had extra hard Robinson pinions disappear the same as normal ones, both on the plastic spurs and metal spurs, (plastic spurs wear the pinions faster)..because of that I don't waste the extra loot on the extra hard pinions... I'd be more focused on sealing the module from debris.. that will increase pinion life a bunch..?
Hmm, good to know. I guess pinions are cheap enough anyway. BTW, your double sided tape module sealing tip works great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back