Infraction Spur gear spool issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boggs3010

Very Active Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Vendetta
I tried using a spool awhile back and it was getting worn fast. Fast forward to today. I bought a new 42t put it on. Set it to the pinion. Went to run it didn't sound right. Took it apart and checked everything. Triple checked the spur pinion spacing. Ran my car and it chewed the spur like it was soft aluminum. Is it me?

Screenshot_20210724-114919-904.png

Man that sucks! Usually only chew a spur with too tight or too loose of mesh. Also maybe a rock got into there or I'd check motor bearing isn't bad as if shaft is wobbly it will wear the spur bad also.

I tried using a spool awhile back and it was getting worn fast. Fast forward to today. I bought a new 42t put it on. Set it to the pinion. Went to run it didn't sound right. Took it apart and checked everything. Triple checked the spur pinion spacing. Ran my car and it chewed the spur like it was soft aluminum. Is it me?

View attachment 160017
Check the motor shaft. Bet it’s bent.

View attachment 160017
I try to only use Saga gears on motor and spool. I've tried some others to save a couple bucks and they were junk. Hope your new spur holds up! 🤞

Spins nice and looks straight but may have a slight bend like my 1717 castle sent me had so may want to take it off just to make sure as you'll see with mine it's very slight but is enough to eat pinions and spurs with being at a slight angle
IMG_20210709_135741980.jpg
IMG_20210709_135714043.jpg

Checked it appears straight. Thanks for helping. Appreciate it everyone. Spools and me don't seem to get along. Don't know why , but I ordered an infraction center diff 46t. Never f ed one of those up. 😛😛

Well that's definitely a plus👍 hopefully the center diff stays solid I haven't been able to mess one up yet on any of my rigs
3 infractions 2 felonies 1 limitless ( yes it has a center diff) same issue awhile back 2nd attempt at spool. Are they different to adjust? Uncle.....lol

3 infractions 2 felonies 1 limitless ( yes it has a center diff) same issue awhile back 2nd attempt at spool. Are they different to adjust? Uncle.....lol
No same as center diff spur just a smaller size spur gear on the spool is all. I've never had issues with either center diff or spools for bashing or speed runs. Think I've only had one 16t pinion get chewed up due to mesh loosening up on my Kraton. Not sure if it makes a huge difference but I usually try to get the spur in the middle of the pinion but sometimes only able to get it right about even on the edges and still no issue. Is it chewing it up in just one spot or is the whole spur chewed up? Maybe also check center diff mount to make sure it's lined up and on tight as if spool can move due to the housing being off that may cause it also. Definitely odd it's only with a spool your having issues though.

I’ve had my battles keeping output cup on my spools. Even drenched in red TL they have backed out. Too much power I guess.

I’ve had my battles keeping output cup on my spools. Even drenched in red TL they have backed out. Too much power I guess.
Just checked one cup right side I didn't remove was loose.
And the diff cover right side has worn plastic. @Edough13

Just checked one cup right side I didn't remove was loose.
And the diff cover right side has worn plastic. @Edough13
Ok see wonder if it didn't get seated just right so spool was able to wobble which would cause the damage to the spur and also the diff cover

Ok see wonder if it didn't get seated just right so spool was able to wobble which would cause the damage to the spur and also the diff cover
Yep if the bearings can walk, then the spur can too.

The seller is on EBay and yes it’s a soft metal that is marketed as harden steel. I hope you returned it and got your money back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back