Kraton Spur to pinion adapter!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironhead79

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Looking for an adapter to use a spur gear in place of the pinion, for high speed!! Anyone have knowledge of where to get one!

Go to Robinson Racing and pic out a MOD1 pinion with a 5mm hole. Of course you will want a pinion that has more teeth. However, you will be putting a lot more strain on the motor and ESC, so keep an eye on you temperatures. You will be slow off the line and it will take some room to get it up to speed, but more teeth, should mean more speed. There are limits, but there are 100+ MPH Kratons out there. I'm not a fan, personally. I like the smaller pinions, so I can actually gain speed in a short distance. Like roll up to the bottom of a ramp at 20 MPH, flooring the throttle to hit 40MPH off the lip, 10 feet later. Speed machines are straight line beasts, but it can be a lot of money just to go in a straight line.

http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/5mm_pinion.html

They have a 25 tooth pinion, but I am not sure it will clear the chassis.

Go to Robinson Racing and pic out a MOD1 pinion with a 5mm hole. Of course you will want a pinion that has more teeth. However, you will be putting a lot more strain on the motor and ESC, so keep an eye on you temperatures. You will be slow off the line and it will take some room to get it up to speed, but more teeth, should mean more speed. There are limits, but there are 100+ MPH Kratons out there. I'm not a fan, personally. I like the smaller pinions, so I can actually gain speed in a short distance. Like roll up to the bottom of a ramp at 20 MPH, flooring the throttle to hit 40MPH off the lip, 10 feet later. Speed machines are straight line beasts, but it can be a lot of money just to go in a straight line.

http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/5mm_pinion.html

They have a 25 tooth pinion, but I am not sure it will clear the chassis.
I've got a 23t on the stock electronics now, anything larger won't fit. Melted the wrap on one of the batteries last night after about 15min. Motor & esc are ok with temp gun tho! Thinking about trying my mxl6 & 2200 castle, idk if there any better or worse than the stock arrma.....

There are definitely better options, but I've got no clue as to what they are. If mine ever fail I'll search around here for what my next move is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back