SRC ........ UGH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkyd31

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
There you have it folks...... SRC Road Crushers. Only 1 pack threw them. While cleaning up the Kraton I noticed a bump sticking up on the tire. Come to find out the foam inside bunched up and folded under itself creating a bump on the tire. I contacted sweep about the issue and didn't hear anything back. After a week I contacted the online hobby shop I bought them from to see if they could help me out. They said to send pics of the tire and they would contact sweep as they were a dealer and have sold thousands of pairs. They were shocked to see the pic of the bump in the tire and said that was super rare as they go to the plant weekly in NYC where they are assembled to watch production. Sweep is replacing the one tire for me in a month UGH.

I think first off they should glue the foam seem together and also glue the foam to the rim with a mild tack of some sort.

Secondly I should receive a new pair for being put out and giving them 100 bucks for the 4 tires. Needless to say sweep has done me wrong and if it wasn't for contacting the hobby shop I would have been all done.

Live and learn I guess as next time will be the proline road rages. This pic is a cut away showing how big the space was after the foam bunched up inside the tire. Always rubber side down, Sparkyd31 (Dave)

sweep cut away.jpg

Yes Hoodie thanks as if it wasn't for a stand up LHS in NJ, I believe I would have been left on the curb like how hot racing takes care of their customer service.....YUP take our money and our parts but don't ever call if you have any issues UGH !!!!! Honestly after this experience woody I'm done with sweep now and proline will get my business from hear on out !!!!!!

@Sparkyd31 are the replacement road crushers holding up? I'm finding a lot of negative reviews about SRC tires prematurely failing and trying to get more information.

Good for you getting a replacement. I contacted SRC multiple time about the rims cracking and wobbling. Never heard a thing. LHS said they were the best thing to happen to RC. So good. Glad to hear you got results.
I did have a pair of prolines warp and wobble. Contacted pro-line. One week resolved. Have not had a problem with the replacements. So yea I agree. Proline.

@Sparkyd31 are the replacement road crushers holding up? I'm finding a lot of negative reviews about SRC tires prematurely failing and trying to get more information.

Hey Brotha, Actually They have been sitting on the shelf all summer lol. I really use my kraton for bashing more now with the backflips then street use as I have built a street beast typhon V3 now to run the pavement.Personally I would buy them over the proline road rage tires as they balloon like a scalded dog. I think it's hit or miss with SRC. They look nicer then any tire/rim combo out hands down. The terrain crushers are a joke and a waste of money IMO. The rims are week but if you use them on say a baseball field or loose gravel and some street you'll be fine. I do know 1 thing and that's SRC's customer support SUCKS BIG TIME !!! Kinda like Hot Racing. They are into making taking your money and it's your problem if anything goes wrong as they don't want to here crap from you. Invest in companies like proline,rpm,voltage hobbies,GKA,markhor,saga and small business like this as you'll be much further ahead in the long run if something goes south. Wish I could help more but that's all I got. Cheers Brotha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back