Typhon SRC wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajegidi

ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Mega 2WD
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Senton Mega
  8. Infraction 4x4
I bought some of the new src wheels for my outcast, but I like the look of them on my typhon. Anything I should know about running a tire this size on the typhon? I’ve heard mixed reviews on the src wheels but figured I give them a shot, just curious how the typhon will handle them.

Attachments

• FD1AD216-5D7B-407A-B74B-5DD3DA874E69.jpeg
    FD1AD216-5D7B-407A-B74B-5DD3DA874E69.jpeg
    370 KB · Views: 106
  • BF226F8B-2A63-44CE-973F-3BC1CB5BD43E.jpeg
    BF226F8B-2A63-44CE-973F-3BC1CB5BD43E.jpeg
    466.4 KB · Views: 70
I bought some of the new src wheels for my outcast, but I like the look of them on my typhon. Anything I should know about running a tire this size on the typhon? I’ve heard mixed reviews on the src wheels but figured I give them a shot, just curious how the typhon will handle them.
You’re going to run hot so watch your temps. You can gear down to help with that

You’re going to run hot so watch your temps. You can gear down to help with that
@jondilly1974 still very new to the hobby, do have any recommendations on what gear to run? And what temps should I be getting ?

@jondilly1974 still very new to the hobby, do have any recommendations on what gear to run? And what temps should I be getting ?
It all depends on how how it is where you are and the terrain you’re on. Also if you’re running WOT, then it’s going to factor as well. I would think a general idea would be a 14T, but all of these factors make a difference. Best thing is to run for 5 mins as is and take temps. If they’re high, gear down or slow down. If they’re normal, bash on.

If you had good temps with buggy tires, then gear down 3 teeth on the pinion as a starting point. May need more, but that should get you close.

I believe the typhon diffs are geared different than the other 6S trucks, so I don't think you can use gearing for the outcast/kraton/talion as a base.

I had the older version of their wheels/tires on my brushless revo for a while. Ended it by spinning a hex in one of them. When turning, they were like driving on rails on pavement and grass, they grabbed a lot. However, forward bite was lacking on pretty much all surfaces.

Here's what happened when I ran SRC on my Typhon on 20t. One of a few bad videos I've made.

Your video just cracked me up. Foam flies out and you go right back to it. “Asking for trouble” 2 seconds later it’s cartwheeling down the road. Hahaha hilarious

Your video just cracked me up. Foam flies out and you go right back to it. “Asking for trouble” 2 seconds later it’s cartwheeling down the road. Hahaha hilarious

I never know when to give up. lol
I do like the tires but on 20t even short distances I don't know if I'd do it again on such a fast setup. I used some brand new Belted ProLine Trenchers and they came unglued just as fast. Belted are fun but can't take the jumps and aren't 100% foolproof in my experience. They will dial in on rails as mentioned above and on my Talion I ran them exclusively for the longest time. If I were to try again, I'd make sure I wasn't on stock diff fluid because in this case, when they diff out and spin too fast, trouble can occur.

I’m running stock esc with stock spur/14pinion, traxxas 2000kv motor, shimmed diffs, with mx28 2.8 and 57-62 mph good enough battery is 2 3s venom 5000 50c I’m all bashing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back