SSS Motor for bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyk49

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
Are the tfl sss motors any good for bashing? I want to upgrade my stock blx system in my k6s. I want to stick with a 4092 size motor. The rocket 1650kv or hobby star 1730kv are hard to get right now. No matter what I order it will take a month or so to get. I plan on pairing it with a max6 Esc. I figured I’d ask before I spent the money and have to wait patiently. Thanks.

They seem to be the typical China motor like hobbystar and rocket. Just make sure it has the correct mounting holes to work with your motor mount though.

I use 'm in my boats, good motors, but they have an open front and rear cover so if you use it offroad dirt, sand and rocks will get in the motor and destroy the rotor.

1600798796764.png

1600798913111.png

€ 37,33 35%OFF | Rocket 4082 4092 1550KV 1650KV 1420KV 1720KV Borstelloze Sensorless Motor Voor 1/8 Rc Drift Racing Monster Truck Off Road Auto
https://a.aliexpress.com/_B0rkah

here are plenty to order ? you just have to be patient. but to the Netherlands it is almost 2 weeks

Staying with the same size can motor and changing kv isn’t really upgrading. Your best bet is to get a larger diameter can. Maybe a 42xx series or maybe larger, I don’t know what can be stuffed in a kraton, but I had a 3670 (Cheap) in my outcast 4s that was always 210° or hotter after a run, it wasn’t very fast(imho?) and the throttle got spongy quick. I swapped the hobbywing 2200kv (Which is higher than the last motor I had) 4274 can, I think it would backflip into a sub earth orbit with a locked slipper. It runs about 50° cooler and is just dumb fast now.

I use 'm in my boats, good motors, but they have an open front and rear cover so if you use it offroad dirt, sand and rocks will get in the motor and destroy the rotor.

View attachment 101107
View attachment 101108
That’s what I was thinking. I don’t know if there was a sealed up version... guess I’ll have to wait until late November for another motor!
I just ordered the Rocket 4092 1650kv motor. I’m not looking for insane power. Just a little more umph. I hate waiting ... mid November can’t come soon enough lol.

Last edited:
I've had a rocket 4585 and it burned up pretty fast, even before i could over-gear it. From my understanding they make decent motors but their QA isnt that great. So with some luck you will get a good motor for a very low price. If you happen to have some decent bearings at hand, consider replacing the rocket's.

I do really like the SSS motors and use them on my boats too, they are really decent quality. For bashing you could consider using a dustcover

I had a 4092 1650kv das can in an outcast. This thing was rated under 150amps so you can run it with a 150amp esc. Was going well with up to 20t pinion, dient get hot.
Less bang than the rocket 4092 1650kv though which is 160amp.
I ran them with same setup to compare.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back