Kraton Stainless Steel Screw Kit by RC Screwz for the Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUGO .R

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hi everibody, do you think it's neccessary to buy this screws for the Kraton ?

Thanks

Not necessary, but it looks cool. Before this was available I ordered a bunch of Stainless cap screws from Grainger. The bonus was getting a 25 or 50 bag of each size, so I replacements when needed. Also the cap screws provide a deeper hex, and most were 2.5 mm instead of 2mm, which makes working with them much easier. Search Graniger on this site and you'll see the list I ordered. It does not replace all the screws, but it replaces a bunch of them.

I bought one of those kits. The SS screws look nice, and don't rust (SS, right?) but they strip much easier then the stock screws.

So for any metal to metal with threadlock screw, I recommend keeping the stock black screws. They are grade 10.9, which is pretty good. Screws that go into plastic don't need to be as strong, so the SS is fine.

As an option for a screw kit, head over to Ebay to one of the kit breakers like Lumidave35 or JennysRC - they sell a bag of all the screws they take out of a car when kit breaking, plus the tools that came with the kit, often for under $10. It won't be a 100% kit, as some of the screws stayed in the assemblies they sell, but it has a lot of hardware in it.

Yep, That's what use for the stuff I couldn't get at Grainger. Like the chasiss screws, that got from the bottom up.

here is the post I made from back when I did the screw swap. and a coule pics too.

Here is the link to one of the Screws. I used a list of screw sizes that was posted by @WoodiE, in order to find the screws I needed. I was actually looking to order black, but now that the stainless came in, I really like it. All the screws I got use a 2.5MM hex instead of the 2mm, so it's that much easier to get at them. I also have a replacement set of stock screws, because some places don't have room for the taller head.

https://www.grainger.com/product/6C...ntly_Viewed-_-AZCART_67708&cm_vc=AZCART_67708

29DH50_AS01

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back