Stance and shock-oil on Arrma Senton 3s to prevent chassie slaps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayFalco

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks!
I just placed all the shock-spacers or whatever they are called to raise the stance to the maximum on my Senton 3s BLX. I did it to prevent chassie slaps to some extend but i don't know if they even raised the ground clearance or not, didn't measure before and after. Anyways, I guess a thicker shock-oil help as well. Should one go for the thickes one? Pro's and cons? I like to jump allot, but it feels like the chassie hits the ground to hard sometimes.

Make sure you still get some chassis slap, or you could end up breaking parts, such as the upper shock towers, on heavy landings

I went with 70w front and 60w rear (900/800 cSt) and adjusted the ride height with the preload spacers afterwards. I found this was a decent balance between on and off road bashing (and jumping)

Make sure you still get some chassis slap, or you could end up breaking parts, such as the upper shock towers, on heavy landings

I went with 70w front and 60w rear (900/800 cSt) and adjusted the ride height with the preload spacers afterwards. I found this was a decent balance between on and off road bashing (and jumping)
thx! Reason for having less viscosity back? Is it so it can compress a bit more when accelerating so it prevents wheelies more?

Chassis slap is there by design. Many guys try to eliminate it. These are not scale cars. They need to slap to prevent damage. Shocks are going to bend shafts, break pistons and snap the ends. Crack shock towers etc. And the ride height needs to be lower. Raising it to the sky is wrong. Higher center of gravity goes against you. Arrma designed it the proper way. But maybe they did it wrong.:ROFLMAO: Not.

Chassis slap is there by design. Many guys try to eliminate it. These are not scale cars. They need to slap to prevent damage. Shocks are going to bend shafts, break pistons and snap the ends. Crack shock towers etc. And the ride height needs to be lower. Raising it to the sky is wrong. Higher center of gravity goes against you. Arrma designed it the proper way. But maybe they did it wrong.:ROFLMAO: Not.
I actually think the ride height of the Senton 3S is too high by default. Mine loves to roll over on corners even at low speeds. I dropped it down as low as I could with the stock suspension and put on less "grippy" tires to help it corner better. I'd rather it drift a little in corners vs flipping over.

If it works for you great. You got it dialed the way you like to drive and the terrain that you are on. Tires alone can be a game changer for sure. :cool:
Ride height and shock pack changes things also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back