Stand off help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evil-T

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Right I’m getting the parts together to replace the Typhon shocks with some Xray XB8 ones now the shocks all fit etc but coming to the stand offs the Arrma use an M3 screw that goes throw into the standoff where as X-ray has your more typical standoff with a M3 bolt and the use a M3 lock but on the reverse.

However I’m shocked to see the hole in the shock tower is a little larger and in my mind there’s a fair bit of play is this right?
F3141D5B-B6FA-406A-B812-53F1A287D2AE.jpeg

How much play are we talking? Uses M3 diameter on both original and Xray, correct? The hole in the tower should also be 3mm, correct?

Just a little more wriggle then I’m used to (if that makes sense?

Maybe I’m just over thinking it and used to more precise fit ?!
EF9F829A-8A5C-45D9-BFAC-FC61EAE2B8CD.jpeg
E8BFBB9C-E855-4F1D-9B94-73215C16BBED.jpeg

I see what you mean. Snug them up. And see if it passes muster.

I see what you mean. Snug them up. And see if it passes muster.

Just a quick pic there, but I backed the Arrma screw out of its stand off and it’s the same so have to assume it’s normal as is the case with my Alza carbon towers.

Which standoffs are going with

Most likely XB8 stand off as they allow easy mounting of the XB8 shocks.

I have a Tekno MT. Never noted the standoffs. It's just well known that they fit the 6S shock towers. But never bent my OE ones. The MT is a tank. With much more precision and durability overall. I've been challenged to bring that level to my Arrma platform. Perhaps durability is more to focus on vs precision since the Arrma's are bashers by design. The Tekno MT is designed around a platform for competition.

Last edited:
I have a Tekno MT. Never noted the standoffs. It's just well known that they fit the 6S shock towers. But never bent my OE ones. The MT is a tank. With much more precision and durability overall. I've been challenged to bring that level to my Arrma platform. Perhaps durability is more to focus on vs precision since the Arrma's are bashers by design. The Tekno MT is designed around a platform for competition.

Very true and I also have an X-ray to build, I just wanted different shocks on my Typhon build and as most go Tekno I thought I’d be different and try X-ray plus I was pretty impressed with the quality after handling them.

Initial testing looks to be a pretty direct fit with the X-ray stand offs, the only part I need to change is the shock end balls as the X-ray fitted ones are too wide.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back