Typhon Standard 3S Shocks - Bent Shock Rod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I ended up taking it apart and bending it straight. Didn't properly 'bleed' these since I don't have the damper fluid yet, but it will hold me for the time being. Compresses fully and returns without my help now.
View attachment 251000

I did end up ordering 6S shocks from Jenny's too. I'll keep these as a backup. I know I was helping by brother right is MT10 every time he flipped so I am thinking the 6S will be a bit more robust for that activity :D.

Thank you all for the conversation and recommendations! Appreciate the PL comments too, they seemed way overpriced and wasn't sure if they were that much better.
The Proline shocks work rather well but as everyone has mentioned they are expensive for what they are and they don't have shock shafts available as a part so if you happen to bend one you ha e to spend another $70 on a pair of shocks..........

Having to buy another complete shock "Pair" due to "one" bent shaft just sucks. Makes no sense to buy the $PL$ shocks at all. No parts support for them. Better to buy Ebay cheapo shocks, same disposable thing. Needing new ones if damaged.
I already had issues with PL shocks out the package . A nightmare with PL warranty. They couldn't supply me with any parts. Said they were on back order for months. Asked for them back, did nothing with them at all and sent them right back. All 4 still leaking. These were only released a few months prior.
Only buy PL Tires and Bodies, what they are best known for.
Skip the rest of their stuff altogether. Don't let the Bling fool you. They are just outsourced like cheapo shocks are. Same subpar quality IMHO. Cheapo shocks generally have no parts train support. You just toss them and replace when worn out or damaged..
Just me.

Skip the rest of their stuff altogether. Don't let the Bling fool you. They are just outsourced like cheapo shocks are.
Unfortunately the default is outsourced garbage these days, because time and time again it's what the most people spend money on. We've voted and they've answered. On this forum of fanatics we may spend cash on the highest quality parts but let's be honest, 90% of this hobby is delivered in an Amazon box.

Unfortunately the default is outsourced garbage these days, because time and time again it's what the most people spend money on. We've voted and they've answered. On this forum of fanatics we may spend cash on the highest quality parts but let's be honest, 90% of this hobby is delivered in an Amazon box.
My stuff comes from eBay 🤣
Having to buy another complete shock "Pair" due to "one" bent shaft just sucks. Makes no sense to buy the $PL$ shocks at all. No parts support for them. Better to buy Ebay cheapo shocks, same disposable thing. Needing new ones if damaged.
I already had issues with PL shocks out the package . A nightmare with PL warranty. They couldn't supply me with any parts. Said they were on back order for months. Asked for them back, did nothing with them at all and sent them right back. All 4 still leaking. These were only released a few months prior.
Skip the rest of their stuff altogether. Don't let the Bling fool you. They are just outsourced like cheapo shocks are. Same subpar quality IMHO. Cheapo shocks generally have no parts train support. You just toss them and replace when worn out or damaged..
Just me.

Just check the reviews and the Q/A section basically all about the lack of replacement shock shafts https://www.prolineracing.com/product/1-10-powerstroke-front-shocks/PRO635900.html

Ran one last time on the old repaired shocks today (now I have a working backup) and updated to the 6S shocks tonight. Had to put a rubber spacer in there to tighten up the top hole on the 6S shock, seems like the common thing to do from other threads.

2022-10-21_22-51-49.jpg
2022-10-21_22-52-54.jpg

Now for the skate park this weekend to see if I can break it more...

Thanks for the help all!

Ran one last time on the old repaired shocks today (now I have a working backup) and updated to the 6S shocks tonight. Had to put a rubber spacer in there to tighten up the top hole on the 6S shock, seems like the common thing to do from other threads.

View attachment 251466View attachment 251467

Now for the skate park this weekend to see if I can break it more...

Thanks for the help all!

There are a few options for the upper mount, you can use nitro fuel line, axial shock bushings and I think I saw that someone was making 3d printed spacers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back