Standard Radio with gyo or 3rd party radio without (or 3rd party gryo)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MidKnight

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Would like to hear comments from others on which of the following would the ideal choice. So lets take the Arrma Felony for this example..

1) keep the arrma radio (you have the gryo built in to the spektrum receiver)
2) Use a Futaba Radio / Reciever (will have no gryo)
3) as #2 but add a skyrc gryo.

I know that the stand alone gyros, SkyRC gc301, work better than the gyros that are integrated into the reciever. Plus, the more I read about people's experiences with the Spektrum AVC system the less I like it. It seems that it is a pain in the ass to set up. Has to be calibrated twice then rebound every time.

I have a Flysky GT5 transmitter with a BS6 reciever that has the SVC gyro system (same as Spektrum AVC) and it is very easy to set up. Not nearly as complicated as the Spektrum AVC system.

Just my thoughts on the question you asked.

I know that the stand alone gyros, SkyRC gc301, work better than the gyros that are integrated into the reciever. Plus, the more I read about people's experiences with the Spektrum AVC system the less I like it. It seems that it is a pain in the ass to set up. Has to be calibrated twice then rebound every time.

I have a Flysky GT5 transmitter with a BS6 reciever that has the SVC gyro system (same as Spektrum AVC) and it is very easy to set up. Not nearly as complicated as the Spektrum AVC system.

Just my thoughts on the question you asked.
thanks for your input, so you'd defently choose option 3 above then.

thanks for your input, so you'd defently choose option 3 above then.
As long as you're happy with your current transmitter that you are using then yes, I would go with the SkyRC 301 or 401 gyro. But that's just my opinion. I'd get some other people's opinions also.

Back