Outcast Standing backflip help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbizzle

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Hello everyone I’ve just got my new outcast. I’m running 2 smc 4500mah 90c/85amp 3s battery’s it bone stock as it came it wheelies like a champ backflips on chain fencing all day but.... can’t seem to get the standing backflips or rolling. Tried on grass then went to road no luck. Any ideas?

Is that normal to have to do that? I just figured with the sales pitch showing that on the box it would do it bone stock with a good set of 3s battery’s.

Yeah mine will do rolling back flips on setting 4 and I'm sure even lower.

Mine did not do back flips right out the box! I had to calibrate the throttle. Once I did that, wow! It was like I was only hitting half throttle before.

That' most likely what needs to be down. It's simple and takes about 60 secs. Look in the owners manual on how to to calibrate throttle.

I recalibrated the throttle and it would flip about every other time so I changed the punch setting up to 7 and now it does it every time

Do standing backflips hurt the diffs? I haven't shipped mine yet and I'm concerned the sudden stopping of the drivetrain when those wheels touch down will knock some teeth loose.

I just started doing them and i see that my center diff is leaking oil now :(

boom! throw some 500k fluid in the center diff and it'll back flip every time

YEP 100%. As far as damage, the best medicine is preventative. Shim those diffs and be sure your screws are held down tight.

Ok found the rut of all my issue got a defective motor it’s coming apart sound like rocks rolling around in there. When I changed my spur gear I could not spin the motor over. Got in contact with tower hobbies and sent them the video and they confirmed there sending me a new one!!!!!! Gotta love that warranty and great customer service!!!!!

That's awesome that they are taking care of you. It sounds like the same issue I had with my Senton motor. Mine had the same motor locked up and sounded like rocks inside. I ended up blowing apart one of my bearings in the motor. I found this out by disassembling the motor and they warrantied it and gave me a new motor and told me that they normally won't warranty a motor that's been taken apart. I was really happy with their warranty and customer service.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back