Outcast Standing Backflips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Basher

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
i think I finally got my punch settings to 9. Do I need to change the pinion gear or adjust my throttle settings to be able to do a standing back flip? All I can do are wheelies.

i think I finally got my punch settings to 9. Do I need to change the pinion gear or adjust my throttle settings to be able to do a standing back flip? All I can do are wheelies.
Run 6s and the optional 16t pinion, wheelies on demand.......lol

Thanks. I can do wheelies no prob with 4S or 6S with the stock pinion. Do I need the 16T to do the standing backflips? I didn't try my 6S yet with the 9 level punch. Just the 4S. Could have swore I've seen backflips done on 4S too though.

It depends on the battery. What "c" rating is your battery? If the battery has a low c rating it may not supply the proper burst voltage. You might also have the punch setting turned down. There are a few YouTube videos that show step by step how to change this. I do know that running 6s changes the outcast into a whole different beast. Check your punch setting, slap in a 6s and give it a whirl.

6s, stock setup with 16t pinion I have no issues doing back flips repeatedly. Man up and yank the trigger. Maybe your throttle is not calibrated correctly.

Gonna try it tonite. So busy at work I haven't had time to wrench. I got the pinion replaced. Swapping out to Hot Racing chassis braces, Voltage Hobbies shock towers and replacing the springs with Orange in front and Yellow in rear with 50/40 wt oil. My first time tearing a truck down in years. Wish me luck.

Those oils are a little thick for those spring gs. I have 60wt with yellow springs, works great, for orange maybe 70-80.

Those oils are a little thick for those spring gs. I have 60wt with yellow springs, works great, for orange maybe 70-80.

I've seen several other guys here post good results with the 50/40. I'm new to bashing so I don't really know. I did learn that my right front shock was bent after only a few packs and some tumbles in the yard. Got it mostly straight until I can replace it.

My grandson doing backflips

Fun!...I got everything put back together this morning, fixed my front shock as best I could. 16T is crazy different. Even in the yard chasing the pups. Standing flips is a lot of fun

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back